CHAPTER 10- The Three Broomsticks

"Albus you could stay with us." said Rose. The fifth Hogsmeade trip was today and Rose and Scorpius decided to not go this time.

"I can't!" said Albus "I still have that date with Lena which I have cancelled about four times. If I cancel it once more time I'm pretty sure she'll hate me forever."

"Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that!" said Scorpius.

"No you didn't." retorted Albus "You were screaming 'Potter's got a date' in the common room twenty minutes ago."

"That was fun." said Scorpius remembering "Not for you, but definitely for me." Albus rolled his eyes and left Scorpius and Rose. He went to the courtyards and left for Hogsmeade with the other students. Albus entered the Three Broomsticks and saw that Lena already sitting at a table.

"Hey Lena." said Albus sitting across from her.

"Albus, hey." said Lena half smiling. Lena ordered a butterbeer and Albus ordered a soda when the waitress came by.

"No butterbeer?" asked Lena.

"Can't stand it." replied Albus.

"How can you not like butterbeer!"

"I don't know! How do you people like it?"

"To each their own I guess." said Lena half laughing. There was a silence for a few seconds and then Albus spoke "You have a nice smile."

"Thanks." said Lena blushing. The waitress gave Lena her butterbeer and Albus his soda.

"I hope you don't mind me asking," said Albus "Rose told me that you were adopted."

"Yes, I am."

"So, do you know your birth parents?" asked Albus "I don't mean to pry, I was just curious."

"No, it's okay," said Lena "And unfortunately yes, I do know my birth parents."

"Unfortunately?"

"Yeah, unfortunately." said Lena "I didn't like them very much. I know they gave birth to me and they took care of me till I was eleven but Gabrielle Delacour is my true mother and parent, not them."

"Oh, sounds like they were bad people." said Albus.

"Hardly," said Lena "The Deveraux's were les non-magiques, er- muggles. Deveraux was my birth name. Mum and I got it changed to Delacour. Anyway, they were doctors and they saved a lot of lives. They just ruined mine." Albus looked at her confused and Lena gave a slight chuckle at his expressions.

"They hated witches and wizards." explained Lena bitterly "They believed that witches got their power by doing evil deeds of the devil. I never believed in that. When I was ten, I found a wand. At that time I just thought it was decorated stick but I picked it up and I could do the most incredible things with it! I eavesdropped on a conversation of the Devereaux's and found out that they'd killed the witch who's wand I took. I was so scared that I just behaved normal in front of them. I used to wait every night till they went to sleep and practiced. Of course I didn't get very far because I didn't know I had to use spells. Fast-forward to the week after my eleventh birthday. A witch from Beauxbatons came and told the Deveraux's that I was a witch. While they were... conversing I was in my room packing, and the moment the witch left, I ran away from home. The Deveraux's chased me! They wanted me dead! That's when I met Gabrielle. She was kind enough to take me in and keep me hidden from the Deveraux's. She sent me to Hogwarts and not Beauxbatons, saying that I'll be safer here and now, I am here."

"Wow, that's... just... wow!" stuttered Albus.

"Anyway what about you?" asked Lena "Any drama?"

"Let's see," said Albus thinking "No, both my parents love me very much. I don't have an enemy, I have really good friends. I just have a boring normal life."

"You know not many people are meant for greatness," said Lena "They are just lucky to have a normal life."

**********

 "So how was the date with Lena?" asked Rose as they left their last class for the day.

"It was really good." said Albus smiling broadly.

"Listen, I need to tell you something." said Rose.

"Okay, go ahead." said Albus.

"But I don't think I can tell you."

"Wow, that makes it so much easier!" said Albus sarcastically.

"Okay, I'm just going to tell." said Rose taking in a few deep breaths and covered her eyes with her hands and said "I kissed Scorpius yesterday."

"You what!" exclaimed Albus dropping all his books "I leave you two alone for one hour and you go on snogging each other! What's next, I leave you alone for a day and you go get married!?"

"Albus!" exclaimed Rose "It just happened, we didn't plan it or anything! We were just in the library and I tripped over a stack of book and I got a cut on my head and Scorpius mended and we were just so close and I just snogged him, and then peeves threw water balloons at us."

"Why would you lead him on like that!" said Albus "You know how much he loves you!"

"Scorpius... loves me?"

"He hasn't said it but everyone can tell by the way he acts around you. Everyone except you."

"Anyway, I wasn't leading him on." said Rose looking down at her shoes "I think I like Scorpius. I don't know if I love him yet, but he's the only thing that was in my mind since the end of the first year, and I do want to be his girlfriend, and snogging him yesterday just felt so right and- oh my god, I'm in love with Scorpius."

**********

Albus, Rose, and Scorpius met up in the library. Rose was studying while Albus and Scorpius were just messing around. They were sitting in some remote corner of the library where no one could see them. Albus turned into the green ball of fire and Scorpius fire-proofed objects through Albus and all of them came out burnt.

"That's way to many object." said Albus turning back into himself "Odd thing is I felt every single one of them and now my head hurts. I'm going to get some water. Rose?" Rose got the hint and she nodded.

"So, Scorpius," said Rose as soon as she thought Albus was out of earshot, but little did she know Albus was hiding behind a bookshelf and was keenly listening to their conversation. "Would you like to get a butterbeer sometime?"

"Yeah, sure let's all three get one." said Scorpius "But, Albus doesn't like butterbeer."

"No, Albus won't come. It'll just be you and me." Rose took a small pause and continued "Like a date?"

"Rose, you have no idea how badly I want to say yes."

"But?"

"But... I can't say yes," said Scorpius dejected.

"Why not?" asked Rose "I like you, you like me. We just... fit"

"I know, it's bad enough we're friends," said Scorpius "But us, dating, our families are too different."

"I don't know about you," said Rose "but I am done being defined by my family."

"Me too." said Scorpius "You know what, it's a date"

A/N: I know this chapter is really long but I had to fit all three scenes in this chapter because if I didn't it wouldn't fit well.