CHAPTER 15- The Ministry of Magic

"Finally!" exclaimed Rose as she sat down with Albus and Scorpius for lunch "I, Rose Granger-Weasley, have created a spell!"

"Took you long enough." said Albus rolling his eyes "We have a week till school ends."

"I know but the spell was so difficult!" complained Rose "Nevertheless I have created it!"

"Great! Now, when do we go to the Ministry?" asked Scorpius.

"Tomorrow." said Rose "Most of the school will be gone for Hogsmeade so we'll sneak out then."

"How?" asked Scorpius.

"I thought you two came up with that!" said Rose. Albus and Scorpius looked at each other and avoided eye contact with Rose.

"We just came up with a plan on how to get the time turner not how to enter." said Albus.

"What?!" screamed Rose "You had the entire year to think about how we will get to the Ministry! Do I have to do everything myself!". Rose was a little miffed so Albus and Scorpius decided not to say anything.

"We could fly there." suggested Scorpius "On brooms."

"Yeah, and I could always just fall into the middle of the great lake because I'm terrible at flying!" exclaimed Albus.

"Come on!" said Rose "Uncle Harry is good at flying."

"Well, I don't know if you have noticed but I'M NOT HARRY POTTER!" said Albus a little too loudly, getting a few stares from nearby students and teachers.

"I know that but you aren't as bad as you think." Rose countered.

"We don't have to fly at all." said Scorpius "Floo powder still exists."

"Right, how could I be so stupid!" said Rose "You can buy some in Hogsmeade."

"Won't my invisibility cloak burn because of the Floo powder fire?" asked Albus.

"I can fire proof it." said Rose "It will take me a few days."

"Fine, just do it." said Albus

**********

{four days later}

"Ready?" asked Albus.

"Ready!" replied Scorpius. Rose had fire-proofed Albus's cloak and Scorpius had gotten the Floo powder from Hogsmeade. Rose had to stay behind to explain Albus and Scorpius's absence to anyone who cared. She was in a foul mood but she decided to brush past it for the greater good.

"Let's go." said Albus. He put the cloak on him and Scorpius. Both of them got into the fire place in the Slytherin common room. They both took a handful of Floo powder.

"The Ministry of magic," they both said loud and clear and Albus was hit with the familiar feeling of being sucked down a giant plug hole. The moment they arrived at the ministry, Albus and Scorpius dashed out of the Floo network before they were caught. Albus saw some witches and wizards looking at the fireplace they came out of which meant that they were still invisible.

"Where's your fathers office?" whispered Scorpius.

"We have to take the fourth lift to the Aurors department and dad's the head so his office will be different from the others." Albus whispered back "No Aurors will be there, all of them are in Hogwarts." They headed to the lifts and took the fourth one up to the Auror department. They found Harry's office and Albus slowly opened the door the entered. He took off the cloak and placed it on his dad's desk.

"Where do we even begin?" groaned Scorpius.

"I used to play a game with Lily," said Albus while looking for the time-turner. "She used to hide her pencils all over the house and I used to find them. It was my favorite game."

"Why?" asked Scorpius. He wanted to ask how it was relevant but refrained from doing so.

"Because I always won." said Albus. He found a drawer that Harry had locked. Albus tried to open it with Alohomora and Aberto but both the spell didn't work. He noticed a small lock which had to be opened with a key.

"Dad's clever." said Albus "Scorpius, get me two paper clips!"

"What the bloody hell are you going to use that for?" asked Scorpius handing Albus two paper clips from Harry's desk.

"Dad locked this drawer using key which only he has. He also made sure that it can't be opened with the unlocking charm so the only option we have is to pick the lock." explained Albus. He straightened the paper clips and started moving both of the around inside the lock.

"Do you even know how to pick a lock?"

"How do you think I stole the map for the Ministry?" retorted Albus focusing on the lock. The lock opened with a click and Albus rejoiced. "Which one should I take?" asked Albus "Yours, the Blacks, the Gaunts-"

"Take the Gaunts," said Scorpius "Theirs can go back centuries."

"Okay, Gaunts it is." said Albus. He made a replica of it and switched them both out. They got under the cloak again and they went back to the Slytherin common room.

**********

"Did you get it?" asked Rose at dinner time. Albus said nothing and just held up the time turner.

"Perfect!" exclaimed Rose "Anyone problems?"

"No, everything went smoothly." said Scorpius "Any problems here?"

"No," said Rose "Although Lena did ask where Albus was so I panicked and said you were sick."

"Why'd you do that?" asked Albus "She knows what we've been doing."

"She what!?" shrieked Scorpius "She knows, you told her!"

"What's wrong with that!" protested Albus "Your girlfriend knows, I didn't see any problem in telling mine!"

"Never mind that!" said Rose "Meet me in the astronomy tower at ten. We'll go back then."

"It's a plan." said Albus.

After dinner Albus roamed the halls to find Lena.

"Albus, wh-what are doing here? I thought you were sick." said Lena when Albus found her.

"Uh.. no I'm not sick." said Albus.

"Then where were you?"

"Breaking into the ministry of magic." said Albus flatly.

"I love how you said that with as little emotion as possible, as if its normal for you to break into the Ministry of magic every single day." remarked Lena with a small smile "Anyway I was looking for you because I was thinking about the Obscurial thing an-"

"Glad you brought that up!" said Albus cutting Lena off "Rose, Scorpius, and I have a plan to stop the Obscurial an-"

"What is it?" it was now Lena's turn to cut Albus off.

"We're going to go back in time and find ways to defeat it, so that it can't kill anyone ever, and since we are travelling outside of our lifetimes there is a very real possibility that I might destroy the whole universe so I wanted to do something... now... in case I never get the chance to." Albus finished his sentence and he snogged Lena before she could react. Lena kissed him back and the two had been snogging for about two minutes when both of them pulled apart.

"Go save the world, Potter!" said Lena biting her lower lip.

"I'll be back before you know it!"

A/N: So, I'm trying to finish this before 23rd November because I have my prelims. I might rush a lot for the next few chapters because if I don't finish the book before November, I probably won't have time to write till May 2021.