Chapter 3- Talla Knight: For My Angel

"So sexy, can I get another drink? Preferably with you as a side?" The smirk the man gave me was that part that freaked me out the most. I hated this part of my job, it made me sick.

"Uh... I can give you the drink but I'm not on the menu." I smiled politely, and handed him another whiskey on the rocks.

Right as I went to pull my hand away, the man reached out and violently snatched my wrist in his slimy hands. "I want you Darlin'. On or off the menu, doesn't matter to me."

"Talla! There's a customer that's waiting! Do your job or you will be fired!" My boss's voice sounded over the intercom, causing the man to release his grip on me. I don't know if the idea of my Boss constantly watching me scared the man or if it was because my Boss sounded like his head was about to explode.

I rushed over to the next customer who ordered a shot of tequila and a shot of vodka. Today was one of those days I couldn't wait for my shift to be over. My feet were sore, I had a headache and my skin felt slick to the touch after the creep laid his hands on me.

---

"Oh my God. Thank you so much Christine. I can't believe that my Boss made me work for an extra hour. I know Sienna can be a handful-" I felt really guilty about underpaying Christine, she deserves more money but I have none on me at the moment.

"Please just take your daughter and leave. I'm tired and I don't need you harping on about how you don't have the extra money right now." My daughter was thrusted in my arms and the door was slammed in my face.

Oh shit. I can't lose another babysitter. She's the cheapest one nearby.

Mid-freakout, my cell phone began aggressively vibrating in my back pocket. When I flicked open to reveal who was trying to call me, I had to suppress a groan when I saw that it was my Mother trying to contact me.

"Yes Mum?" I answered, my voice sounding more annoyed than I would have liked.

"That's not a way to talk to your Mother, you know." My Mum answered, her voice sounding just as annoyed to be talking to me.

I could have said sorry, but I didn't want to give my Mother the satisfaction of knowing that she had made me feel guilty. After being kicked out of the house, I haven't liked letting my parents win any arguments.

"Anyway," my Mum continued after she realized that I was going to hold my ground, "you'll be needed tonight for a family business dinner. It'll be a six o'clock sharp, at our place and- Talla- please wear something fancy."

"Why do I have to go? You haven't wanted me involved with the family business since I had Sienna. You and Dad said so yourself." My anger was beginning to boil beneath the surface. I hated when I was suddenly needed or wanted only to improve my parents reputation.

"Because your Father and I said so. See you soon. Bye-" The three beeps followed.

My blood was boiling as it surged through my veins, my skin felt too hot to the touch, Sienna squeaked in my arms indicating that in my blind rage I began slowly constricting her. When I began strangling her, Sienna must have sensed that I was raging, because she began tightly hugging and sucking on my arm- which was her version of a comforting hug and kiss.

"Sorry Si. I think we should go home now. Grammie and Pop want us at their place for dinner. Are you excited to see them again?" I asked, swiveling in the drivers seat to see to daughters face light up with excitement.

It always surprised me that Sienna loved my parents, seeing how they've never wanted to do much with her.

"Grammie! Pop!" She squealed, her hands slapping together in excitement, a wild smile spread across her little chubby face.