ᴛᴡᴏ

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"nee toka-chan are you gonna help with the volleyball team later?" the (s/c)-skinned girl asks, sitting in front of her.

"i guess.." the blonde shrugs, sipping on her juice box.

the (h/c)-ette cracks a small smile on her face, finding it silly that her best friend's having a hard time when she's not yet starting with manager work.

just then, a cheery voice calls out to them - well, more specifically, to yachi which made the said girl flinch.

"yachi-san!" following her friend's direction of sight, (y/n)'s eyes land on two boys by the door. "pardon us," the orange one said, making their way to the two girls, making the petite one panic.

seeing a familiar ravenette, the calmer girl waves her hand to acknowledge his presence.

"hi, (y/n)-san" the blueberry greets to which the (e/c)-eyed one smiles at.

seeing their interaction, the shorter boy gasps and pesters the taller one. "kageyama, you didn't tell me you made a friend - and a girl"

"i don't have to tell you everything, boke"

the orange boy turns to the (h/c)-ette with a smile on his face. "what's your name?"

taking a piece of paper and a pen, she writes down the following. "i'm (l/n) (y/n) but you can call me by my first name" the cheerful boy reads aloud but the volume of his voice lowers as he reads the last part. "and i'm deaf"

the orange-haired lad looks back to the newly acquainted girl with shock but nonetheless introduces himself. "i'm hinata shoyo from class 1" he starts, then points to his friend. "this is kageyama"

"hey," the tall boy greets, slightly bowing.

see, this is where (y/n)'s great lip-reading ability comes in. ever since she lost her hearing, she practiced lip-reading along with sign language to at least have an idea what the other person is rambling on about and it did not disappoint her once.

"yachi-san, (y/n)-san, do you like studying?"

the deaf girl just shrugs as the other girl replies for both of them. "i don't hate it"

hinata shows them a blue notebook, similar to the one in kageyama's grip. "could you teach me this english?" he then tells the black-haired boy to ask the favor too.

kageyama looks at the blonde girl, and then over to the (h/c)-ette, locking his dark blue eyes with her (e/c) ones. "please teach us"

the human tangerine looks back to the two girls and explains their situation to them.

in (y/n)'s head, she was observing the two boys. their movements, the way they talk and interact, what their motives are, squeezing out every info she could. it may also help her with her article after all.

"..so we've been having a tall guy with glasses named tsukishima help us.."

reading the story come out from hinata's lips, (y/n) giggles, thinking how much of a salty guy that tsukishima is. and of course, her giggle didn't go unnoticed by the setter.

using more of the paper on top of yachi's desk, the (h/c)-haired girl writes down what's on her mind again.

"we'll help you"

"really?!"

"mhm" she nods in confirmation.

the quadro have been studying with hinata paired to yachi and kageyama to (y/n). it was for the best, to say the least. kageyama and (y/n) don't have that much of a problem communicating than with hinata to (y/n) which made things easier.

yachi and hinata have been talking about something (y/n) didn't really pay attention to since she's too focused on helping out kageyama.

now that she's really close to him, she can't help but take a good look at his features. his black locks, dark blue eyes that could drown anyone at any moment he wishes, fair skin, and soft-looking lips.

perfect. just. perfect.

"umm.. i have to put a bigger space here, right?"

seeing his lips move, the staring girl flinches back to her chair's backrest, making the blueberry look at her questioningly.

"uh. again..?" the startled girl says sheepishly, slightly scratching her jaw.

kageyama, hearing (y/n)'s voice for the second time in all their encounters, stops writing on his notebook for a second as her voice rings through his head.

that darn, harmonious voice.

finally getting a grip, he continues writing down on his notebook and showed it to the deaf girl.

i have to put a big space here, right?

the (e/c)-eyed girl nods, making the setter focus back on writing.

(y/n) herself can't believe she was checking him out. an overly handsome guy she just met yesterday who happens to be in the boy's volleyball team that she's going to cover for this year's school newspaper.

coincidence? maybe. maybe not. who knows?

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

"will you help us study again?" hinata states, standing outside of class 5's classroom to which yachi agrees on.

the energetic boy shakes the girls' hands, thanking them nonstop. "thanks! thank you, yachi-san and (y/n)-san!"

"oh, no, it's nothing"

"see you in club!"

the girls wave their hands in goodbye, watching as the two boys walk away from their class.

yachi slouches, releasing a sigh. "what is this? i feel like i've been left out in direct sunlight for a while"

(y/n) laughs at her friend's reaction, patting her back. "they're not that bad"

not bad at all.