ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

DISCLAIMER: All stated medical terminologies are not reliable.

The medical terms in this book are solely for the fanfiction. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pls don't come @ me😔🤞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"kageyama-kun"

yachi walks up to the sweaty teenager with a water bottle in hand, her face painted with worry as she contemplates whether to talk about his and (y/n)'s relationship.

the blonde is, of course, concerned for her best friend as she vowed to herself and the (h/c)-ette that she'd be there whatever stage of life she's in and yachi has no plan of breaking that promise now.

yachi and (y/n)'s friendship progressed forward and it gets stronger day by day but the past few days, (y/n) seems to be hiding something from her and she thought maybe, just maybe, kageyama knows something about it.

"what is it, yachi-san?" the ravenette asks the blonde as he drinks from his bottled water.

"do you.. do you maybe know what's going on with (y/n) right now?"

"(y/n)?"

the blue-eyed boy raises his brow in confusion, giving the brown-eyed girl the answer to her question.

"ah, nevermind! i'll talk to (y/n) about it. i just thought maybe you know since, well uh," the petite girl shakes her head, thinking of what to say next. "(y/n) became more confident in herself especially with communicating using her voice considering that she often got bullied about it before so thank you, kageyama-kun" yachi informs, taking kageyama's bottle from his hand and walking over to the third-year manager.

the first-year setter goes back to practice but this time, the thought of yachi's words stuck his mind, having flashbacks of his and (y/n)'s interactions and how she was a big factor in his overall improvement.

she helped me too.

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

as club activities finish, (y/n) makes her way to the gym, ready to walk home with yachi.

she takes a peek through the wide, metal doors and sees the team packing up.

"toka-chan!" the (h/l)-haired girl waves at her friend with a smile, one hand clutching on to the strap of her bag.

"your club finished early?" the blonde signed to the (h/c)-ette while walking towards her to which the latter responded with a nod.

"yo, (l/n)-chan!"

"nice to see you again!"

the people in the gym greeted the first year with smiles and waves which instantly brought a smile to the girl's face.

"good to see you all again!"

the deaf girl looks around the gym and her (e/c) eyes locked with deep blue ones.

"good evening, tobio"

kageyama drops the part of the net he was packing away to sign back to (y/n). "good evening"

seeing the blueberry sign, the journalist brings back her attention to the rest of the club members. "we'll have to go now, bye-bye!"

"see you tomorrow!"

the two first-year girls walk down the street side by side in silence. it wasn't comfortable nor was it awkward. it was just plain silence until yachi decided to break it.

"(y/n)-chan" the small girl tugs on to the other one's uniform.

"hmm?" the (e/c)-eyed girl looks beside her friend, still walking.

"are you hiding something from me?" the blonde stops walking and watches the (h/c)-ette's body to stop moving and look at her fully with a confused look on her face. "you know you can always tell me anything and i'll listen to you!"

the other girl chuckles, looking back to the moon that illuminates her (s/c) skin. "i really can't hide anything from you, can i?"

(y/n) watches as yachi prepares for whatever she's about to sign. "i'm going to have my ear surgery soon"

"what?" the blonde grins wide at the (h/c)-ette. "that's great, (y/n)-chan!!"

"is it?" (y/n) takes a long pause before continuing again. "the ear surgery could be successful but.."

it was now or never. better tell her best friend before she regrets not to, right?

"since my injury damaged a lot in my ear, there's a chance that i'd die from it"

yachi's smile immediately turns upside down as she stares at (y/n) with shocked eyes.

her best friend. the closest she has of a sister. dying.

all of it was ringing in her head before her lips parted once again to speak.

"b-but it's just a small chance, right? you'll still live! you promised that you'll always stay with me!" her brown eyes start producing beads of water as she hugs the (e/c)-eyed one.

"don't cry, geez this is why i didn't wanna tell you. i don't wanna see you cry, y'know? plus, we're in the middle of the street!" the (h/l)-haired girl laughs off the tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

(y/n) hated the feeling of it. the guilt she has just by seeing her best friend cry because of her. the thought of leaving not just yachi, but everyone else too.

it was sickening.

the petite girl pulls away from the hug she initiated, wiping away her tears as she sniffles her nose.

"after the surgery i might have to stay in the hospital to fully recover for two weeks or maybe even three. depends, really" the (h/c)-ette informs the blonde who's now done composing herself.

"let's go home, i'm kinda tired already" (y/n) adds, covering her mouth as she yawns.

"nee, (y/n)-chan, last question" yachi calls out to her yawning friend. "you won't leave us, will you?"

by now, (y/n)'s drowsiness wore off a little as her lips form a smile.

"i won't"

•••••••••
a short update after my week-long break hope you liked it ! stay safe, ilyssmmm !!