sɪx

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

karasuno's match with ohgiminami high and kakugawa high went by in a flash. (y/n) watched attentively from the sidelines as the ball goes from one side of the court to the other. the players from each team did all they could, pulling different kinds of attacks and defenses just to reach their goal: winning.

she also noticed how the players' mood changes from losing a point and getting two back, writing all the information she could gather in her (f/c) notebook in preparation for the article she's going to cover.

at the end of the day, karasuno won all their matches, qualifying for interhigh.

"oh, i'm going to see if anything got left behind" kiyoko looks to the younger manager and her best friend before continuing. "you go ahead, hitoka-chan, (y/n)-chan"

the two simply saluted and voices out a yes as they watch the former take her leave.

turning around the corner, the girls found the other first years walking out of the gym with their bags.

"nee, tobio" (y/n) called out to kageyama, a smile evident on her face. "you were great out there!"

not expecting her compliment, the setter had a faint blush on his cheeks, his eyes widening a little. "thanks, i guess"

his response made the girl smile wider as she walks with the first years and the second years following behind them.

suddenly, the other people near the (h/c)-ette flinches, making her look at hinata who is now running up the stairs frantically.

walking out of the gym, the deaf girl was then interrogated by the other team members of the club.

"did kageyama force you into being friends with him?"

"h-he didn't do anything that's illegal to make you his friend, right?"

"how did you two get on to first name basis already?"

"how long have you guys been dating?"

reading the last question come out of their lips, her (e/c) eyes widen in surprise, not really sure what to say.

"eh?! uhh we became friends legally?" she answers, the declaration came out more of a question. "a-and we're not dating!" she adds, waving her hands in front of her.

just then, a group of boys came out of the gym, strutting their way out with looks on their faces. (y/n) felt a chill go down her spine as she watches the group go further away from them but shrugged it off.

feeling a lot of commotion behind her, she guessed that hinata and kiyoko had already returned. she looks beside her and sees a blueberry glancing down at her.

she smiles at him and asks. "is it fun to be in the volleyball club?"

his blue eyes gaze at her (e/c) ones, diving in the beauty of it when she speaks again.

"are you having fun in the club?"

he only smiles at her, simply nodding his head as the girl hums in return, turning her attention back to the rest of the team.

he wouldn't say now but deep in his mind he really is glad to be in the club because, after all, he wouldn't have met the girl beside him right now otherwise.