sᴇᴠᴇɴ

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

days after their match, karasuno's school paper has been published featuring different kinds of stories for the students to read and be informed of.

(y/n)'s article managed to get in the school paper. needless to say, the (h/c)-ette was proud of herself for being able to finish a sports article and be featured as one of the writers in their school paper.

the said girl was now walking her way to the vending machines for her daily dose of (f/drink) when she saw her favorite setter.

ever since the two met a few months ago, their relationship has grown. some romantically and some, well, still in the process of figuring it out.

"good afternoon, tobio" the girl greets the raven-haired boy with a smile, making him turn his attention to her.

sure (y/n) was expecting him to greet her or at least nod in acknowledgment but what kageyama did surprised her.

"good afternoon, (y/n)" he signed to the now aghast girl, her mouth slightly parted in shock.

"you know sign language?" the (e/c)-eyed girl asks the latter.

"i started learning it a month ago. but i could only make small phrases here and there" kageyama informs her, kind of unsure if he signed correctly.

the (h/c)-ette's smile turned into a bright grin, her eyes almost shaping into a star. "this is great!" she exclaimed, voicing out a laugh while the tall boy cherishes the scene unfolding in front of him, trying to hide his smile.

"this is like our very own secret language!"

"secret language?" the setter asks the journalist, his brows slightly furrowed. "what's that?"

(y/n) turns to kageyama with her big grin before signing back. "it's something only you and i know"

this time, the ravenette didn't fight back his smile and let it out for the (h/c)-ette to see.

"although toka-chan and other people also know sign language.."

"it doesn't matter" the blueberry assures her. "it's our secret language. only ours"

"then, i look forward to using our secret language more, tobio" the (s/c)-skinned girl says, extending her arm out.

the latter lets out a hum in response, taking the former's hands for a handshake.

taking her hand back, (y/n) tucks in strands of her hair behind her ear before looking up to the setter once again. "lunch break is almost over. i'll get going now" the (h/c)-ette turned her heels away from the ravenette, starting to walk back in the school building. "see ya, tobio"

the setter waves his hand in goodbye as he watches the deaf girl walk away from him.

he then looks at the hand he used for their handshake a moment ago, a smile finding its way on his face.

i'd love to hold your hands again.

and never let it go.