ɴɪɴᴇ

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"that's so cool, tobio!" the (h/c)-ette cheers on the raven-haired setter with a wide smile on her face.

"it's not that much of a big deal, (y/n)" kageyama signs at the deaf girl. "it's just the all-japan youth training camp"

the two were currently out on an amusement park date which (y/n) suggested them to do. ever since knowing the risks of her ear operation, she decided to spend more time with the people she adores, and today, she chose to hang out with kageyama.

the setter didn't mind. he wanted this too, anyway. his feelings for the deaf girl were obvious and his friends know about it. the only one who's plain oblivious about it is (y/n).

the past months after their match with shiratorizawa, kageyama's been dropping hints of his feelings towards (y/n) from meeting up with her every lunch, hanging out with her every chance he could, to buying her favorite drink but the girl doesn't seem to notice it at all.

(y/n) gasps dramatically before signing at kageyama. "not a big deal?! tobio, it's THE all-japan youth training camp and YOU'RE invited!"

the said boy's deep blue eyes locked with her (e/c)-colored eyes before letting out a hum.

of course, he's happy. him being invited to a youth camp with amazing players all around japan and being praised by (y/n) just made it better. he just so badly tried to not show the deaf gal his flustered face.

(y/n) grabs on to kageyama's hand and dragged him along which surprised the ravenette. "let's ride the ferris wheel!" all kageyama could do was nod at his date because his focus was on their hands.

her warm hands wrapped around his wrist and as if a cliché scene in a movie, his world slowed down its movement and all he could hear was the loud beat of his heart.

"hmm? tobio, are you okay? your face is all red. are you sick?" the journalist checks the setter's body temperature with the back of her palm.

the sudden contact made the blue-eyed boy startled and feel hotter than he already is, causing him to slightly stumble back.

snapping back to reality, kageyama nods vigorously at (y/n).

"are you sure?"

"yeah, let's go"

the setter grabs on to the journalist's wrist, and this time, it's the girl's time to blush.

she didn't know how to tell him her feelings and even if she did know how to, she was scared to get rejected because, after all, who would want to date a deaf girl?

so instead, she's learning to at least accept and cherish everything she and kageyama has.

but greed. greed's still there. the yearning for something — a relationship more than just friends and she knows nothing of what to do with it.