The enchanted quill

Stiorra's POV.

The days were getting colder, and soon enough Halloween was here. Stiorra had always loved Halloween, ever since she was a kid. However, her love for it decreased as the years went by for the orphanage didn't celebrate it well enough. She found a sudden rebound of love and enjoyed it once more on her very first Halloween here in Hogwarts, though.
Stiorra walked into the Great Hall that morning, and felt a sudden burst inside of her as she saw the hundreds of carved pumpkins floating above the tables in the room, along with thousands of candles.

Since it was the week-end, Stiorra had put on a thick dark-red knitted jumper and a pair of white mom-jeans with golden stars embroidered on the fabric. She even did put on a pair of golden earrings, and tied up her hair into a messy bun.
She sat down at the Gryffindor's table. Hermione, Neville, Seamus, Dean and Luna were here, but the Weasley siblings and Harry were nowhere to be found.

"Where are the others?" Stiorra asked her friends, reaching for the apple juice.

"Quidditch selections," Seamus said.

"Wasn't it supposed to be last week?"

"It was," Hermione said, "but apparently, Hufflepuffs had already reserved the pitch, and then it was the Slytherins."

"Oh."

Hermione leaned in as Stiorra bit in her toast that she had buttered up. She noticed the others were paying attention as well.

"Speaking of," Hermione said, "you seem to be spending a awful lot of time with Malfoy."

"Only for the Astrology project," she told her.

"And Potions," Dean added.

"That was Slughorn's fault, not mine."

Her friends laughed, and Stiorra shrugged it off. What if she happened to spend some time with Draco? She knew they didn't like the guy, but there was no need to be suspicious of him anymore. At least, that was what Stiorra thought.

"Are we going to Hogsmeade this afternoon?" Neville asked.

"Yeah, we are," Hermione told him with a smile.

Stiorra was thrilled that they'd get to spend some time out of the castle for a change, even though it hadn't been that long since the last time they went there.
She looked up from her bowl as the conversation kept on going, and saw Draco Malfoy staring at her with a satisfied smirk. She waved hesitantly, and he winked. Hermione was staring at her. Stiorra raised a brow, intrigued. Her friend shrugged with a grin.
She shook her head.
The morning went by, the boys and Ginny came back from their selection and practice, quite satisfied. Even though Ron didn't want to, he got back on the team. Stiorra could tell he was proud of himself, and he was embarrassed from all the congratulations happening around the table for his ears had turned bright red.
After lunch, Stiorra and all her Gryffindor friends headed back to their dorm, putting on warm clothes for the afternoon, and headed out of the castle.

There was a soft and chilly breeze blowing over the fields and mountains around, still it wasn't cold enough for them to wear beanies and warm thick scarves.
The foliage of the trees around had turned yellow, brown and a dark-shade of orange. The dead leaves on the way were dry and crunched under their footsteps as they walked to the village.
Stiorra could never get enough of this view. The Great Lake, the castle and the forest all around. She wondered for a second if she'd ever find a place as beautiful as here once she'd graduate from Hogwarts and would have to leave.
Seamus, Dean, Luna, Neville, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Harry and Stiorra arrived to Hogsmeade under a bright autumn sun, and stepped into Honeydukes to fill up on the sweeties.
They loaded about a large-sized paper bag each, already thinking about the sweets they'd eat first. They headed out of the shop, and realised the wind had grew colder.
Hermione and Neville made them stop by Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop, for they needed to stock up on a few bottles of ink and Neville needed a new quill since he had forgotten to buy a new one back on Diagon Alley before they got back to school.
The boys, however, made them go to Zonko's for they wanted to buy a few items to prank some people on Halloween night. Stiorra ended up buying an enchanted quill that'd write in a bright pink ink so she'd prank Draco by switching their quills. She couldn't wait to see his face as he'd see the sudden burst of pink on his papers.