Worried sick

Ginny's POV.

She had to say it, Harry was being hard on the new kids of the Quidditch team. Even though she knew how much of handful they could be, being overexcited all the time or overtired. There was nothing in between: either the kids were dragging their bodies around, or they'd be jumping up and down and would have unlimited energy for practise.

Ginny, on the other hand, could still feel the rush of excitement from riding her broom after all these years. However, she could contain it. Even now, under the thick snow that was falling from the sky, she could feel a slight tingle in the back of her neck as she mounted her broom and took off in the air.

A cold wind blew over the pitch, pinching her pale cheeks as it went. She could barely see the other players through the snow. Harry stopped beside her, looking over the others as they started their training -consisting of somewhat laps with their brooms around the pitch.

"You are being hard on them, you know?" she told Harry without even looking at him.

"Why?"

"Training on a Sunday."

"That never stopped Wood," Harry said, and Ginny could hear the smile that was growing on the boy's face. "You are weird today, actually, you're soft."

"Soft?"

"You never pity them, or yourself for that matter. What's that about?"

"I'll show you how soft I can be," she said, leaning on her broom as she raced through the air to the packed kids on their brooms.

One almost fell over, only catching himself up at the last minute. Ginny smiled, peaked down towards the ground and grabbed a quaffle that she launched at one. She wished he didn't catch it, but he did.

Soon enough their practise game was on, and Ginny could barely see anything because of how fast she was flying above the pitch and what with the thick snow and everything.
However, they stopped after an hour or so because the tips of their fingers were frozen and it was getting harder to see through the snow by the second.

To be honest, Ginny dreamt of eating a good and warm meal and sit by the fire in the common room. And, if she were completely honest with herself, she wanted to be here when her friend Stiorra would come back from her day out with Draco Malfoy. As much as she thought she hated the guy, she couldn't wait for her friend to tell her all about him.

Ginny waited for every player to put their brooms away, then helped Harry carrying the trunk where the quaffle, bludgers and the Golden Snitch were into the locker-room. Harry offered her his arm on their way back to the castle, and together they walked back under the snow to the Great Hall.

The warmth of the many fires lit around the room engulfed them, and Ginny immediately felt a lot better. They walked up to the Gryffindor table and sat down together. Soon enough their friends came by and sat down with them.

"Hello," Luna said in her sweet and singing voice, and Ginny realized she hadn't seen her coming around. It looked like she appeared out of nowhere, even though it was impossible.

"Hey, Luna, how are you?" Harry asked her.

"I'm good. Have you seen Stiorra around, somewhere? I need help with something."

Harry looked around the room, and neither Draco nor Stiorra were anywhere. He shook his head and shrugged.

"No, I'm sorry, Luna."

"I think she went with Draco," Ginny said.

"How do you know?" Ron asked.

"Well, since I have been to practice this morning, I had to wake up early. I was waiting for Harry to come down, and she came down -she had a big coat on- and she told me she was going with Draco for the day."