A glimpse of redemption

Stiorra's POV.

Draco had gone to Hogsmeade and met with his mother, and the more time flew by the more anxious Stiorra felt about seeing him that very night.
Who knew what he might have told his mother? Did she even ask? Did he even mention her name? Or, did they have an entire discussion revolving about their relationship?
She tried keeping her mind busy enough not to think about him nor to think about whatever he might talk about with his mother.
She had spent most of the afternoon in the Gryffindor's common room with her friends as a thick snow storm blew over the castle. The snow falling from the sky felt heavy, and you could see just how thick it was.
They were sitting around the coffee table by the fire. She was playing a cards game with Harry, Ginny, Neville and Ron whilst Hermione had dived into her books, studying for the NEWTS.
No matter just how much she tried to focus on the game, she couldn't bring herself to stop thinking about Draco.
Stiorra sprang to her feet as that hand ended and stormed out of the common room with her bag in hands.
She needed to take a break, and to take her mind off of him. She needed to study, too, but she couldn't stay a minute longer in the common room.
She walked down the grand staircase from the Gryffindor Tower and headed straight towards the library, realising just how wonderful the castle looked on a winter day, when the hallways were lit up by dozens of torches and snow was falling silently on the castle grounds outside.
Stiorra got to the library and stepped inside the room where Madam Pince was sorting out a pile of leather books. Stiorra walked up to her usual table on a side and sat down. The wooden table was lit up by a couple of table lamps, and the silence felt surprisingly wonderful after all the noise there was up in the common room.
She didn't realise just how much her head was aching from the noise. There were days she couldn't stand being a Gryffindor for they seemed to be the loudest house in Hogwarts. She let her mind wander for a few minutes, and wondered whether the Slytherin common room was as noisy and crowded as the Gryffindor common room.

"I bet it's not," she muttered to herself as she opened her book for History of Magic.

If there was a subject she needed to study the most for, it was this one. Professor Binns was so dull and sounded so sleepy that she could barely keep her mind focused on the class. She'd usually end up drawing on a parchment, or she'd end up fast asleep on her school books.
She was doing good in Potions and Transfiguration, and good enough to pass her exams in the other subjects, yet this one was tough.
Stiorra had never been good with historical dates and facts, and she'd usually mix them all up. She was surprised that she had make it this far during her studies, actually, even though this was due to her straight O's and EEs.
Anyways, she dived into her book and barely noticed the tall and muscular Slytherin that had pulled the chair by her side.

"Hello," he said, his voice sounding as soft as a silk.

Stiorra looked up, and met his dark eyes. Blaise Zabini was something. He had a square and strong jaw, and his dark eyes were mysterious. He looked a bit too proud of himself, too, even though she knew the Slytherin boy was actually very clever, and he might have been the nicest. At least that's what she thought based on what she could pick up during their common classes.

"What are you doing here, Zabini?" she asked him, turning a page of her book.

"I came here to see a friend."

"I didn't know you had friends."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me," he scoffed, shaking his head as he looked around.

"Why are you here?"

"I want to make sure you know where you stand with Draco, because I don't want to see him the way he was the last time you left."