Edinburgh

Draco's POV.

Draco woke up the following morning and, to be honest, he didn't know how he managed to pull this off. He didn't remember building up the courage to sit along with Stiorra, meaning he'd sit along with Potter, the Weasleys and Granger.
If he were totally honest with himself, it wasn't nearly as bad as he thought it'd be. He had to give it to them: they were nice, and once they were past the tension and slight hostility, it was fine.
Ron Weasley had stared at him quite a few times, and Draco wondered if the boy didn't have some kind of self-conflict going on in his mind.
Still, Draco was surprised to see that they still seemed to accept him sitting at their table, and that Harry Potter was the first to make small talk. To be honest, the Slytherin boy felt proud in that very moment, for this was one of the few good things he had done in his life.
He could still hear Potter's voice as the last few bits of conversation he had with him echoed through his mind as he got dressed.

Dinner was about to end, they were halfway through eating dessert when Harry -who was seated beside Draco after he switched seats with Ginny- started the conversation. It was more of a warning, really.

"I know she cares a lot about you," Harry had told him, "and to be honest, she's done a lot of thinking over you. She's a good friend, and I really hope you won't let her down."

"What does that mean?"

"She loves you, okay? I just want her to be happy."

"You think I might hurt her on purpose?" Draco had asked, his brows knitted together as he glanced across the table over to Stiorra.

"I don't think -or at least, I hope you won't. I just want to make sure you know where your intentions lie this time."

"Trust me, I know where I stand this time -and my father is nowhere around to make me doubt and creep his way inside my mind."

"Good," Harry nodded, his lips pressed into a thin line as he realised Ginny was staring at them both, "because Stiorra really does look happy with you and I wouldn't want it to be any other way. You both deserve it."

Draco didn't want to admit it, but the boy was right. He deserved happiness, and Stiorra deserved the whole world. Draco could never do anything to make her feel bad or to purposely hurt her.

"And well, keep her safe for us all, okay?"

"Nothing will ever happen to her," Draco assured the Gryffindor boy, yet he could feel a grip tightening around his chest.

What if something bad happened to Stiorra? What would he do then? He was sure he'd lose his mind. Potter and himself got back into the current conversation and Draco offered Stiorra one of his bright smile. Then, as full as one can be, he got up from the Gryffindor table under a dozen pair of eyes and stared down at Stiorra.
The girl got up with a shy smile, and Draco felt his heart stutter as her cheeks flushed red. She said goodbye, and followed him out of the Great Hall. Draco could feel the other students staring, but he couldn't care less.
As soon as they stepped out of the Great Hall, Draco took hold of Stiorra's hand and pulled her in closer. He cupped her pale freckly doll face in his hands as she looked up to him. The corners of her lips curled upwards. His heart melted.
Draco leaned in for a kiss, and Stiorra's hand found their way around his waist. The pair seemed to broke apart at the very same instant, their eyes locked and their cheeks warm.

"I'm surprise you sat with us," Stiorra told him.

"That wasn't so predictable, now, was it?"

She laughed. Her light laughter echoed through the Entrance Hall as she grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers together, dragging him into the grand staircase.