A mother's love

Draco's POV.

Draco didn't notice just how fast time was flying by. He always had something to do, whether that was working on an assignment, studying for his NEWTS, practising for the next Quidditch game or seeing Stiorra. He barely had any time to himself.
It had been quite a few days since the last time he enjoyed a proper breakfast, so by Thursday he decided to stay longer in the Great Hall.
There were owls bringing in the mail, and he recognised his family's eagle owl as it dropped the mail before his eyes. There was a letter, and the Daily Prophet.
Draco's heart skipped a beat for he had forgotten about the letter he had sent his mother a couple of weeks before. His hands were trembling as he opened it, and pulled it out from the enveloppe.

My dear Draco,

I certainly hope you are not giving your professors a hard time. I am glad to hear that you manage to keep your grades up, and most certainly hope that you study hard for your exams.
Speaking of Ms. Parkinson, I do not think you should give her any attention. Your father wanted you to be friend with her -if he were here he would tell you all about how she is a suitable match. However, do not force yourself to care and like a person if you do not feel like it.
I am happy to hear about your friend. Do you care about her? We might talk more about her around a cup of coffee. I want to know more, dear.
I was sorry to know about your Quidditch game. I know you will do better next time. I was thinking maybe I could come and see you play?

Speaking of talking and catching up around coffee, what do you say about meeting in Hogsmeade on Saturday, 27th of November, around 3pm?
I am looking forward to it.

Love,
Mom.

Draco looked up from the letter, realising the 27th of November was that very week. He would have to cancel his plans with Stiorra. The boy had completely forgotten about seeing his mother around a cuppa.
His eyes met Stiorra's, and a smile drew itself on his face without him realising it. He bit in his buttered toast and got up, gathering up the letter and the Daily Prophet before heading out.
However, he had nowhere to go and decided to sit on the stairs in the Entrance Hall and wait for the Gryffindor girl to come.
A crowd of people bursted out of the Great Hall, cackling and laughing, and his eyes scanned the faces as he looked for Stiorra. They walked past by him, thundering the marble ground as they passed by. His heart seemed to stutter as the Gryffindor girl walked out through the double door of the grand room, and she spun around. She was beaming, and his heart came to a full-stop.
He sprang up to his feet, and stood up facing her as she stopped in front of him.

"Hey," she said.

"Hi. I wanted to have a word."

"Do you mind walking along with me?"

"It'll be a pleasure," he smiled.

His heart was bursting, and his breath was shaky. He trailed off along by her side. They climbed the stairs up and stomped in a crowded hallway. They pushed their way through the crowd of people and out into another -emptier- hallway.
Draco's slowed down behind her as her friends disappeared in the corner. Stiorra spun around, her brows knitted together.

"What's wrong?"

"Um."

He came to a full-stop and leaned back against a pillar, running his hand through his hair as he looked down at his own feet.
She trotted up to him and stopped before him, facing him with a brow hooked up. She reached out for his hand, and Draco looked up. His eyes fell on the necklace around her neck, and the green emerald caught his gaze.

"Do you remember we were supposed to go on a date this Saturday?" he told her.

"Um, yeah?"

"Well, I fear it won't be possible."