2| losing hope

Please Vote, Share, and Comment

❝𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥.❞

✢𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒏✢

   Voices of excitement and voices of anxiousness could be heard throughout the entire kingdom. I sat there, staring at the floor to ceiling window, and just wondered. Why did I have to host this?
     I hated socializing, but I knew I needed to do it in order to find my mate. Regularly you're supposed to find your mate when you turn 16, I'm 26 right now. It's tiring to hear that "the clock is ticking, when will we have heirs."

I could hear chuckling behind me and didn't even turn around to know who it was. The royal beta, Hunter Beckett, my best friend since birth, was laughing maniacally behind me. I raised an eyebrow in question, he shook his head "you said that out loud you idiot" he laughed more.
I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "so I heard you were excited about the ball"I asked teasingly. He scratched his neck awkwardly while the tips of his ears turned pink. "I'll have you know I am excited, tonight might be the night we finally meet our mates" he says with so much hope.

     "And if we don't" I say with no emotion, but you could tell from the look in my eyes, I was losing hope. Hunter sighed behind me, and walked closer so we were side by side. "If we don't well then, we'll search even harder. Just imagine your mate in your arms, I can't wait to find mine"
    Hunter has always been the quiet, rough kid. His father used to abuse him and his mother, which shocked the entire kingdom. I remember the day I stormed into their house when I was 15. I was ready to kill that man, but Hunter stopped me. 

    He fought his father to death himself, and he won. His mother, Adelaide, got a second chance mate and they fell deeply in love, but he just wasn't the same. Of course he loved Blaze, his stepfather, but he just lost his spirit.

     This is when we became even closer as friends. I helped him in a way but I know that he needs his mate more than ever. That's a partial reason as to why I'm hosting this. Even though I might not find the one destined for me, hopefully he can.
      We talked more, until it was 5 hours prior to the event. My wolf wandered around in my mind anxiously, at first I had thought my mate was coming which filled me with joy. But my wolf shook his head and lowly growled as if an intruder was here.

   I walked out of my room, and saw my brother who was my third in command, Darius. I pulled him aside, "hey tell all the guards to have their guards up. Something isn't right." He looks at me alarmed but nonetheless nods.
As I turn to leave his words stopped me "You know maybe you should change those pants of yours, they don't seem to match your top"

     I looked back to see him with one hand on his hip and the other on his mouth while looking at me curiously. I raise my eyebrows as if to say 'seriously'. "What, I can't help that you dress like 3 year old. Scratch that 3 year olds can dress better than you"

    I hear laughter behind him from his mate, Xavier who was our head warrior. He comes up to Darius and kisses him, I clear my throat ending the mini make out session. Their story was.. odd to say the least. But they made it through everything. I guess in a way Darius and Xavier inspired me.
I feel someone sling an arm around my head, and I don't have to turn around to see who it is. "Enough chit chatting, we have a party to attend" Hunter says while pumping his other hand in the air.
I shake my head and push him off.

Tonight's gonna be one hell of a night.
________________________________
What are your thoughts on Damien?

Darius and Xavier?

Do you think Hunter deserves his mate? If so what do you think she'll look like?

Please Vote,Comment,Share and follow me!