✧・゚liber_spiritus

My first thought when I heard we would each receive our own chapter was "I'm going to take it and run with it!" XD So here we are, welcome to my marathon!

It's been such a long journey from August 2019 to now (September 15th 2020)! Since I already have an entire (almost up-to-date) 2019 & 2020 Recap in Kismet Graphics, I'll be doing more of a story styled chapter here. So without further adieu, here we go...

*grabs 10 ft stack of papers*

*ahem...*

*ACK-AHKE-hem!!*

Now let's start from the beginning. It was a cold rainy day when the soft cries of a babe-

"Wait! Rewind!! Not that far back!!!" *Runs madly, new script scattering in the breeze*

...It looks like the parrots tampered with the tapes...

*inserts new tape*

3

2

1

It was last summer (2019) when I first heard about graphic designing on Wattpad. Now I know what those with Hawk Eyes are thinking, "What!? O_O You've been here since 2016 though!"

...But somehow it's true XD I left my 2016 account to fossilize for a long time. Despite that, over-time, I found myself back here bored on a hot summer day - in other words... I was out of books.

It started with accidentally discovering a few portfolios and from there I started looking at graphic portfolios every chance I got! I've always loved art and computers, so these two together were like a dream to me - an opportunity I just couldn't pass up!!

The first chance I got I started by creating a shop on the MDC where I asked for "fakes" (fake requests) to make for practice, and the very first I created was this:

(please note, this is classified information, please do not use or share this for blackmailing purposes, lol XD)

That's around the time I first heard about the Graphic Wattys. For some time I had been wanting to create awe-inspiring graphics just like the ones I'd been looking at. And I thought to myself, "I'm going to win that someday".

Now fast-forward a few months and I had a hoard of graphics from my self imposed "boot-camp". Because of school, entering competitions was too much (because of the commitment), but during my spare time I could make all I wanted (and all on my own time!)

So that's what I did

"practice makes perfect, but inspiration seals the deal"

It was shortly after this when I started making design resources that I learned the importance of lighting and painting - and there was no going back.

༺༻

My goal had started as creating things as inspiring as those which inspired me and winning a section in the Graphic Wattys. But now, I see it as a form of self expression. A chance to share a part of myself with the world.

I'm pretty competitive (though those around me probably don't know). In the beginning it always felt like I was trying to play "catch-up" with those who started years before me. It felt like everyone around me was creating amazing things and I was "forever improving"

But I learned this year that the important thing is to not give up and go at your own pace. Creating something is like sharing a piece of your soul - good things take time! :)

I'd say one of the most important things is that each step forward is a thing to celebrate, whether it be small or a big leap.

So here I am, writing this chapter. I'm so happy, because in some ways, it feels like I've finally made it!

Through trial and error I began to find my own way. It definitely wasn't easy, but it was a chance for discovery! Life is a marathon, but we each have our own course to run. Welcome to my marathon.

- Lib <3

Some examples of my current work (like laundry, I separate my lights from my darks :P ... there's always that one white sock though)

 there's always that one white sock though)

▫️ my deviantart : /liber-spiritus

(for design resources - fractals, hair stock, backgrounds)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

liber_spiritus is the Graphic Wattys Winner 2020 of Guild-judged New Talent. They're giving away 1 custom cover and 2 custom icons. To enter, click on the external link, the comments section, or enter this into your browser: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/760deb2f2/?