ii. Ghost

There are only a couple minutes left before the doors to the Orpheum will open, allowing anyone in line to come into the theater to see the band perform

There are only a couple minutes left before the doors to the Orpheum will open, allowing anyone in line to come into the theater to see the band perform. It has been about an hour since Angelina and the three boys from Sunset Curve left the Orpheum to get street dogs. Rose walks around the room, making sure that everything is set up and ready to go for tonight's show. As she walks by the table that she and Angelina were standing at, she notices the journal that the blonde girl was holding onto. The book is sitting on the couch that the two girls were standing in front of only an hour ago.

Rose picks up the journal and opens it. Scanning through a couple of the pages, she comes to the realization that this isn't any kind of journal, it's Angelina's song journal. Looking at some of the songs that the blonde wrote, she notices how good of a songwriter Angelina is. Knowing that there isn't enough time to find the blonde and give the girl her song journal back before the show, Rose puts the journal with her things before she continues making sure everything is perfect so the crowd can be let in for the show.

In the room that is reserved for the members of Sunset Curve, Bobby is pacing back and forth as he often glances at the clock hanging on the wall. Looking at the clock for the hundredth time in ten minutes, the rhythm guitarist lets out a heavy sigh before muttering, "Where the hell are they? They should be back by now. The show is going to start in twenty minutes." Bobby shakes his head before he resumes his pacing.

Not even fifteen minutes later, the police inform Bobby, the staff of the Orpheum, and the crowd waiting to see the band of the tragic passing of Alex, Reggie, Luke, and Angelina. The show had to be cancelled, resulting in whoever bought tickets to see the band getting their money refunded before being sent home. In all the shock and confusion that has happened that night, Rose doesn't even realize that she still has Angelina's song journal until she is back in the comfort of her apartment.

•••

A week later when the shock finally settles in, she decides to play a song from Angelina's song journal. Rose grabs the journal and sits down at her piano. She opens up to a random page and starts to play the song on the piano before singing the words that are written down on the page.

Rose
I keep going to the river to pray
'Cause I need something that can wash out the pain
And at most
I'm sleeping all these demons away
But your ghost, the ghost of you
It keeps me awa-

Rose suddenly stops singing when she hears a loud scream come from out of nowhere, causing the latina to look around the room in confusion. Before she knows it, Angelina appears out of thin air and lands on the piano. A startled Rose jumps up from the bench of the piano and lets out a loud, "Oh my God!" She then starts pacing back and forth, mumbling about how she's gone crazy and that this can't be real.

Angelina groans out in pain and rolls over right off of the piano. She lets out a yelp before hitting the ground, causing her to groan out again. Once she hears the murmurs coming from Rose, she jumps up off of the ground. "Where am I? What happened? Where are the boys?" Angelina quickly asks as she looks around at her surroundings. The last thing that she remembers is sitting with the boys in the alleyway eating street dogs and talking about how their lives would change after the three boys would play at the Orpheum.