xvii. Edge of Great

Julie eventually finds Angelina in the music room, the blonde girl is sitting on the piano bench as she lightly presses the piano keys, playing the tune to Perfect Harmony

Julie eventually finds Angelina in the music room, the blonde girl is sitting on the piano bench as she lightly presses the piano keys, playing the tune to Perfect Harmony. Julie walks up to the girl, saying, "Oh, thank God I found you. I've been looking for you everywhere." Angelina wipes away a stray tear that fell from her eye so the lifer wouldn't notice. Julie does notice the blonde's movement, however. The curly haired girl walks up to Angelina while asking, "Hey, what's wrong?" She sits down on the bench next to Angelina and places her phone on top of the piano, looking at the girl expectantly awaiting her answer.

Angelina shakes her head as she looks down at her hands before replying to Julie, "When I was watching you dance with Nick, I had a daydream about Luke. He walked through the mirror looking hot as hell as he sang to me. The both of us then proceeded to dance together as we sang this romantic song to each other. It felt so real."

Julie furrows her brows, "I don't understand. Why would that make you upset?"

Angelina sadly sighs as she looks up at Julie before responding, "Because it wasn't real. It looked real and it felt real but it wasn't. This thing between us will never happen. It's all just in my head and I am mad at myself that I can't get over this silly crush."

Julie shakes her head and assures the blonde, "But Angie, this isn't just some silly crush. He likes you just as much as you like him."

Angelina gives the lifer a sad smile before she says, "Thank you for trying to cheer me up, Julsie." Julie gives Angelina a tight lipped smile as the blonde continues, "But I can't let anything happen between us. I can't let anything risk the future of the band. I need to just focus on the band and on our music."

Julie sighs and lets the topic go as Angelina looks down at her lap. It is quiet for a couple seconds before Julie asks, "Can you play a little bit of this romantic song that you and Luke sang in your daydream?" Angelina smiles over at the lifer as she nods her head and starts to play the tune of Perfect Harmony.

Julie smiles over at Angelina as Flynn walks in and throws her hands up into the air before saying, causing Angelina to stop playing and both girls to look over at Flynn, "There you are. I've been looking all over for you." Flynn walks over to the chair that is next to the piano as she continues, "Why'd you run out of dance class so fast?"

Julie shakes her head and turns to Flynn as she answers her best friend, "Sorry. Angelina rushed out of the room upset and I had to make sure she was okay."

Flynn perks up and asks her best friend, "Is she here right now?" Julie nods her head as she points over her shoulder at Angelina with her thumb. Flynn smiles at the blonde and waves at her, causing Angelina to wave back. Flynn then asks, "Is she okay? What happened?"

Julie glances over her shoulder at Angelina, who gives the girl a nod, allowing the curly haired girl to tell Flynn. Julie turns back to Flynn and explains, "She was thinking about Luke the whole time during the dance."