viii. Flying Solo

Angelina is writing down some lyrics to the tune that has been stuck in her head while the two boys are occupied with the song that they made out of Julie's poem

Angelina is writing down some lyrics to the tune that has been stuck in her head while the two boys are occupied with the song that they made out of Julie's poem. When either Luke or Reggie would try to catch a glimpse of what she was writing, Angelina would shut the journal before they could read a single word. Luke is standing across from Reggie with his guitar hanging on his back with the guitar pick sticking out of his mouth. He is leaning over the piano and is singing the words to the song, reading them off of the paper that is now in his song journal. Reggie is tapping his hands on the piano to the beat of the song.

Luke
Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day
I know all your secrets
You know all my deep dish

Reggie stops tapping the beat on the piano and a confused look forms onto his face.

Guess that means that some things they never-

Luke's singing is cut off when Reggie asks, "Wait, so..." Luke looks up at the raven haired boy, who sighs before asks, "When she says, 'deep dish,' is she talking about, like, pizza, or..." He trails off as he tries to think of what else Julie could mean while Luke just stares at Reggie. Alex then poofs on top of the piano and Reggie turns his attention to the blonde drummer. He forgets about what he was thinking about when he starts to talk to Alex, "Oh! Oh, hey, man. Where you been?"

"Um, kind of everywhere. Yeah. No, I met a new ghost friend," Alex tells Reggie. At the sound of her twin's voice, Angelina looks up at him.

Reggie's eyes widen and asks, "For real?"

Alex crosses his hands over his chest before throwing them out as he responds, "Yeah, he answered a ton of questions." Alex stares off into space, thinking about his new ghost friend.

The two ghost boys turn to Luke, who stands up and rhetorically asks with the guitar pick still in his mouth, "Yeah? Like whether," he pauses and rips the journal that has the song in it out from under Alex, continuing, "Julie and Angel are gonna join the band or not?" He slams the journal back onto the piano and looks down at it.

Angelina throws the pencil she was using at Luke, who looks at her incredulously. She pulls out another pencil from her pocket and continues to write down words in her journal. This is something that has happened before. Whenever Luke would start to be rude to his bandmates, Angelina would always throw something at him, usually a pencil. Once she had even gone as far as ripping off his beanie and repeatedly whacking him with it. After the first few times it happened, the girl learned to have a couple pencils in her pocket so she wouldn't have to keep getting up to get another one.

Alex glances down at Luke's journal while answering the extremely stressed and annoyed brown haired boy, "Um... Well, we didn't... We didn't really get to that," Luke starts to write down some adjustments to the song in his journal before leaning back down onto the piano. Alex turns to Reggie, who nods his head and has his full attention on the Mercer boy, and enthusiastically tells him, "But I think I know why we're here. Okay? All ghosts have, like, unfinished business." This catches the attention of Luke and Angelina. They look up from their song journals and listen to what Alex has to say, "So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over."