Chapter five

Saiges POV

I felt a laugh leave my mouth as I watched Charlie and Owen run around my backyard like idiots. We had a day off from filming today so I invite everyone to come over and hang out.

"You are so in love with that boy." Madi says playfully as she looks over at me.

"No. Charlie is just a friend." I reply sharply as I shove chips into my mouth.

"When you guys start dating just know I called it." Madi replies playfully.

I shake my head as I turn my attention back to Charlie. Him and Owen were playing basketball in my driveway.

"Madi! Saige! Jeremy! Come play with us!" Charlie yelled at the three of us who were sitting.

"Hard pass!" Madi replies as she continues to eat chips.

"I'll play!" Jermey yells as he gets up and joins them.

"Come on Saige." Charlie says as he walks over to me.

"I don't know." I mumble softly.

"Come on. You can be on my team." Charlie says as he grabs my hand and leads me to the driveway.

"Actually I was gonna ask her to be on team." Owen says softly.

"Yeah I think the teams will be more fair if she is on Owens team." Jermey says to Charlie.

"Yeah. Okay." Charlie replies as disappointment fills his voice.

Owen pulls me aside as we make a game plan.

"You guard Charlie and I'll guard Jermey." Owen tells me.

I nod as I smile at him. We do our handshake we made in rehearsal and then we get into position.

"May the best team win." Charlie says playfully as he starts dribbling the ball.

I try and guard him but he moves right past me and goes in and makes a basket.

"You got to be faster if you wanna keep up with me." Charlie says playfully.

I roll my eyes as he hands me the ball. I start dribbling the ball and Charlie guards me really closely. I feel his body against mine as I turn my body and pass the ball to Owen. Owen shoots the ball but misses. I go for the re bound but Charlie jumps over me and grabs the ball.

"So annoying!" I yell as I push him.

"Foul!" He yells as he laughs.

The game goes on and Charlie and Jermey are crushing me and Owen.

"Alright you guys win, we tried." Owen says in defeat.

Charlie goes to shake my hand but I reject his hand causing him to gasp. I give Owen a high-five as I pretend to be mad at Charlie.

"Hey I'm sorry that we are better than you guys." Charlie says as he laughs causing me to shove his arm.

"Shut up." I say playfully as I go back to sit down next to Madi.

I take a sip of my water bottle and I feel Charlie sit on top of me.

"Get off of me!" I yell as I push his back.

He just laughs as he doesn't move.

"Do you forgive me for beating you?" He asks me softly.

"Yeah I don't care." I say as a laugh leaves my mouth.

"Good." He says as he gets off of me.

He ruffles his hair as he keeps his eyes on me.

"Oooh. Guys I have a fun game we can play!" Charlie says as he grabs my water bottle from my hand.

"Hey!" I yell as I look up at him.

"Shhh.. so one person is gonna tell another person a funny pick up line and that person is gonna try not to laugh as they have water in their mouth." Charlie explains to all of us.

"Okay.. but we have to do it in the grass." I say as I point behind him.

We all get up and sit in a circle in the grass. We all had water bottles. I was sitting in between Madi and Owen. Owen and Jermey went first and Jermey spit all over Owen within two seconds.

"All right my turn." I say as I turn to face Madi.

She puts water in her mouth as she looks at me.

"Somebody better call God, because he's missing an angel." I say dramatically.

Madi starts laughing and spits her water out to the side.

"It wasn't even good you just make me laugh. Stop." She yells as she struggles to breathe.

"My turn!" Charlie yells.

I turn to face him as I try and keep a straight face. I put water in my mouth as I wait for him to say the pick up line.

"My love for you is like diarrhea... I just can't hold it in." Charlie says as he laughs.

I immediately spit the water out all over him as I start dying laughing.

"That's so gross." I say out of breathe as I try to stop laughing.

"You spit directly on me." Charlie says as he laughs.

His white tank top had water stains all over it.

"I wanna go." Charlie says as he pours water into his mouth.

"I was wondering if you had an extra heart. Because mine was just stolen." I say to him.

I see him starting to smile as he struggles to keep a straight face. He eventually gives in and spits all over me.

"Charlie!" I scream as I look at my now soaked shirt.

"Sorry." He says as he laughs.

I flick him with water from my water bottle causing him to gasp. He grabs his water bottle and I immediately start running from him. He catches up to me and wraps his arms around me to keep me in place as he poured the entire water bottle on me. I scream as I feel my hair is now soaked.

"You jerk!" I yell as I chase after him.

I hit him with my water causing him to be soaked. I run back to where eveyone else is and pour my water on Owens head.

"Saige!" Owen yelled as he chased after me.

Charlie dumped water on Madi and Jermey causing us all to break out into a water fight. I was trying to get Jermey when I felt two arms wrap around my waist holding me still as more water was poured on me. Charlie laughed as I screamed at him. I pushed him away from me and poured water on his hair.

"I'm out of water so can we call it a truce." Owen says softly.

We all stop and take deep breaths. I look over at everyone's now wet hair and shirts. Charlie ran a hand through his wet hair. His shirt was now see through causing me to stare at him. He looked so hot. I looked over at Owen and he looked really good to.

"You chose the wrong bra to wear today." Madi whispers.

I look down at my shirt and realize you can see my bright pink bra through my wet shirt. I notice Charlie staring at me causing my face to get red.
______________________________
I love water fights 🥰