Chapter twenty four

Saiges POV

I walked on set as I noticed everyone sitting around and doing nothing.

"Hey what's going on?" I ask Charlie softly.

"Apparently owen called in sick.... he told Kenny he isn't coming to set if.... you umm.... if he had to see you." Charlie says softly.

I feel like a ton of weights just slammed down on my heart. I didn't like Owen as more than friends but I still cared about him and the fact he didn't want to even see me really hurt.

"Is this some kinda joke or something?" I ask Charlie in a hopeful tone.

He just gently shakes his head as he pulls me into a hug.

"What did I do wrong? Why does he hate me all the sudden?" I ask Charlie in disbelief.

"He umm.... he saw the video." Charlie says softly.

"What video?" I ask Charlie.

"The one of us kissing." Charlie mumbles awkwardly.

"That doesn't just give him the right to not want to see me. He's being over dramatic." I mumble as I run a hand through my hair.

"You got to understand.... he just realized you don't feel the same way he does and he's dealing with a lot of heartbreak." Jermey says softly as he butts in on our conversation.

"So we just have to wait till he gets over himself to film?" I ask jermey in disbelief.

"I guess until he runs out of sick days." Charlie says as he shrugs his shoulders.

"You need him for more scenes then me.... I can miss a couple days." I mumble.

"All the scenes we have left... you are mostly in together." Charlie says softly.

"Well now I feel like a horrible person." I say as I sigh.

"You aren't a horrible person..... Owen just needs some time to calm down." Charlie reassures me as he gently rubs my back.

"Ugh I feel horrible for him." I mumble as I rest my head on Charlie's shoulder.

"Would getting a milkshake make you feel better?" Charlie asks me playfully.

I gently nod my head and he leads me to my car.

"Can we go to Owens house after we get the milkshakes?" I ask Charlie softly.

"I don't think it would be a good idea... he probably just wants to be alone right now." Charlie tells me as we get into his car.

I nod my head as I sit in the passenger seat. Charlie got me a milkshake hoping it would make me feel better. He parked the car in an empty parking lot so we would be alone.

"Wanna see a magic trick?" Charlie asks me playfully.

"Sure." I reply softly.

He grabs the wrapper from a straw and places in it his hand.

"I am now going to make it disappear." He says dramatically as he closes his hand.

I shake my head as he opens his hand and I can tell it is tucked into one of his fingers.

"Wow where did it go?" I ask him sarcastically as a laugh leaves my lips.

"There's that beautiful smile." Charlie says playfully as he stares into my eyes.

"You are terrible at magic." I say playfully as I grab his milkshake and take a sip from it.

"I know but I just wanted to make you laugh." He says softly as he grabs the drink back from me.

"Can we please talk to Owen? Maybe if you talk to him it will make him feel better." I say in a hopeful tone.

"Yeah he would definitely want to talk to the guy who practically stole the girl he likes. He would probably rather talk to you than me." Charlie replies sarcastically.

"Well you can walk in there and tell him the kiss meant nothing and you don't like me like that." I say as I feel my heart hurt a little.

Charlie looked like he was going to say something but then stopped himself.

"I can't do that." He mumbles as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Well then I'll go in there and profess my love for him." I say sarcastically but Charlie just widens his eyes at me.

"Do you like Owen?" He asks me sharply.

"No." I reply sharply as I stare into his eyes.

Charlie quickly looks away as he taps his fingers on the wheel.

"The only person he will actually talk to right now is Jermey." Charlie mumbles.

"I hate feeling like this is all my fault when it actually is." I sigh a I look away from Charlie.

"Hey... this is not your fault.... you didn't force him to fall for you...you didn't force him to get extremely jealous... yes you are beautiful and kind and funny which led him to liking you but that isn't your fault." Charlie explains to me causing me to look over at him.

"You think I'm beautiful, kind and funny?" I ask him playfully causing him to roll his eyes at me.

"You have nothing to apologize to him for... he's got to deal with this on his own." Charlie says softly.

"How do you know that?" I ask him softly.

"Because he's my best friend and if I was going through what he is going through right now I would want to be alone especially if it was you." Charlie rambles to me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask him curiously.

"Uh.... nothing." Charlie stutters as he nervously taps his fingers on the wheel.

I slump back in my chair as I place my feet on the dash. Charlie takes one look at my feet before smacking them off.

"Hey!" I yell at him as I sit up.

"Get your nasty feet off my car." Charlie says playfully as he gently smacks my leg.

I shake my head as I lay my head on the window.

"Hey what's wrong?" Charlie asks me softly.

"I just still feel like crap because of the whole Owen thing." I mumble as I refuse to meet Charlie's eyes.

I hear him moving before I feel his presence next to me as he wraps his arms around me. I rest my head on his chest as he holds me in his arms. He gently rubs my back as I can feel my heart beating rapidly.

______________________________
How is Christmas a in like five days 🤯