Chapter twenty one

Saiges POV

"It's been fifteen minutes... why hasn't anyone come looking for us?" I huffed as I rattled the door handle like crazy.

"I'm sure somebody will find us sooner or later." Charlie replies playfully.

I sigh as I notice a small chest of clothes on the ground.

"Charlie come over here!" I tell him as I place one foot on the chest.

He walks over towards me and I use his shoulder to balance myself as I put my other foot on the chest of clothes. I hold my phone up as I wave it around trying to see if I some how can get a signal and send out a text to Madi. I feel my foot lose it's balance as I slip and start to fall. I feel Charlie grab my waist as I fall on top of him. He broke my fall as he groaned in pain.

"It didn't even send the text to Madi." I mumble in disappointment.

I feel my breath get caught in my throat as I realize the current position I am in. I was laying directly on top of Charlie as his hands remained on my waist.

"This is an interesting position we have found ourselves in." Charlie says playfully causing me to stare into his eyes.

"Yea... I guess you could say that." I reply softly as his face is inches away from mine.

My mind thinks about the way it felt to kiss him last time and my lips craved to do it again. I noticed his eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips. My mind then remembered him saying the kiss before meant nothing to him and I quickly got off of him.

"I wonder who will find us." I say playfully as I scan through all the costumes again.

Charlie sat against the wall as he ran a finger through his hair. He started playing the air guitar as he hummed a random tune.

"What are you doing?" I ask him playfully as I lean against the wall.

"Playing the guitar in an air band if you wanna join." Charlie replies playfully as he pats the spot next to him.

I smile as I sit next to him and start pretending to play the air drums causing me to laugh.

"Owen could never." I say playfully as I pretend to hit the drums.

Charlie laughs as he continues to pretend to play the air guitar. I feel sparks enter my arm every single time his arm hits mine as he strums on the air guitar.

"I think we have officially lost our minds and it's only been fifteen minutes." I say playfully as I laugh.

"No... I do this all the time." Charlie says as he smiles at me.

I feel my heart ache at the sight of his adorable smile.

"Awww your nails are so pretty." Charlie says softly as he grabs my hand.

He stares at my colored nails as he holds my hand. I laugh at how amazed he is by simple nail polish I threw on the other night.

"I could paint your nails." I say playfully.

"Yeah... maybe next time we hang out." Charlie says softly as he starts playing with my fingers.

"I swore I saw a makeup bag on the top rack over there." I say as I stand up.

Charlie follows behind me as I point up at a bag that was very high up.

"I can lift you up and you can grab it." Charlie says playfully as he picks me up by my waist.

I feel my face get red as he places his hands on my waist and pushes me up higher. I grab the bag as Charlie nearly drops me causing me to squeal.

"I got you." He reassures as he gently sets me down.

Charlie watches me as I eagerly look through the bag of makeup. Every item I pulled out he seemed very confused by all of it.

"Is that the colorful stuff that goes on the eyes?" Charlie asked me as he pointed at a bottle of foundation.

"No." I say as I laugh at him and shake my head.

I pull out a couple bottles of nail polish as a smile appears on my face.

"Which color?" I ask him playfully.

There was blue, black, pink and purple.

"You pick." He says playfully as he looks at me with eager eyes.

"I'll do purple." I say playfully as I grab it.

He gives me his hand and I start painting his finger but he quickly pulls his hand away as he laughs.

"That tickles!" He yells causing me to laugh.

I grab his hand again and start painting his nails again. I can tell he's trying not to laugh and take his hand away as he keeps his eyes on me. I finish his one hand and he hands me the other. While I was distracted painting Charlie's hand he used his other hand that still had polish drying on it and it smeared it on my cheek.

"Charlie!" I squeal as I look at him in disbelief.

He laughs as I shove his arm.

"Oops... I thought it was dry." He says sarcastically as his contagious laugh echoes through the small closet.

"Oops." I say playfully as I push him backwards.

Charlie shakes his head as he sits back up. Before I have time to react he tackles me onto the floor causing me to laugh. We both stop laughing as our eyes lock as we realize how close we are. He starts to lean in causing my heart to quicken. His lips meet mine as I kiss him back. I hear someone scream as the door burst open. Charlie quickly pulls away and gets off of me. I awkwardly look up and see Madi standing in the door way.

"Did I just witness what I think I witnessed?" Madi asks in disbelief.

"Thanks for opening the door for us." Charlie says awkwardly as he walks out of the door.

I sit on the floor as my eyes widen as I look up at Madi.

"Girl! It's even better in person!" She screams as she jumps up and down.

_____________________________
They kissed again 👁👄👁