Chapter ten

Saiges POV

"Nerf guns?" I ask Charlie in disbelief.

"Yeah... you know when you shoot people with the little plastic bullets." Charlie says in an excited tone.

"I know what a nerf gun is I just don't understand why you have two of them in your trunk." I say as a laugh leaves my mouth.

"To hit people around set." Charlie says with a grin.

"Where did you get them from?" I ask him as I am still in disbelief.

"From the store." Charlie replies as he opens up his trunk.

"Remind me why you wasted your money on these." I ask him as I stare at the two guns.

"It was not a waste of my money Saige!" Charlie replies sharply as he hands me one of the guns.

"I kinda only wanna shoot you with it." I say playfully as I cock the toy gun.

Charlie puts his hands over his head as he assumes I am going to shoot him. I shoot his leg causing him to yell dramatically.

"Shut up cry baby! It's a plastic bullet." I say as I shove his shoulders.

"I didn't yell because of the bullet, I yelled because of the betrayal." Charlie says playfully as he picks up a gun and points at me.

"Don't shoot me. Let's go get Madi." I say as I point inside.

Charlie looks into my eyes as I give him puppy dog eyes. He was debating whether or not to hit me with the gun. He runs a hand through his hair giving me the opportunity to hit him with another bullet and run away.

"I got distracted by your cuteness... no fair!" Charlie yelled as he chased after me.

I reached the end of the parking lot and slowed down to take a breath. I felt a soft bullet hit by back.

"Gotcha." Charlie says playfully as he points at me.

I roll my eyes as I look over at him.

"Now can we get everyone inside." Charlie says as he motions for me to walk with him.

I walk closely beside him as our hands keep brushing against each other.

"I have way better aim than you." Charlie says proudly.

"I seriously doubt that. I hit your leg twice." I reply sharply.

"I only shot once and I hit you straight in the back." Charlie says as he nudges my arm.

"First one to hit Owen in the back wins!" I yell as I quickly sprint ahead of him.

"Hey! You had a head start!" Charlie yells as he sprints after me.

I almost trip over a set of chairs as I look around for Owen. I nearly run into Jermey.

"Where are you going?" Jermey yells at me.

"Have you seen Owen?" I yell as I stop running and look around.

"Maybe in the makeup trailer." Jermey says softly.

I see Charlie start to run that way and I quickly follow behind him. Charlie barges into the makeup trailer with me close behind him.

"You scared the crap out of me, you both sound like elephants." Owen says as he looks at both of us.

Charlie holds up his gun and aims it at Owen.

"Why do you have a nerf gun?" Owen yells as he covers his face.

Charlie shoots but misses Owen. I take the opportunity and hit Owen directly in the back.

"Boom! I win! I win!" I yell as I jump up and down.

Charlie sighs as he looks over at me.

"A fair opponent." Charlie says as he shakes my hand.

"What is going on?" Owen mumbles as he is very confused.

"Now who can hit the most people." I say as I sprint out of the trailer.

Madi gives us a confused look as she walks towards us.

"Why do you guys have nerf guns?" Madi asks us in disbelief.

Charlie hits her with a bullet in the stomach causing her to gasp.

"I'm about to beat this hoe up." She says as she glares at Charlie.

I laugh as I look around for more people to hit. I see Savannah and I point my gun at her but Charlie puts his hand on my wrist and yanks my arm down. He hits Savannah in the leg and keeps his hand on my arm so I can't put my gun up.

"Charlie!" I yell as I look down at his hand on my wrist.

His grip on me wasn't too tight that it hurt but tight enough for me to feel butterflies enter my stomach.

"Why are you guys literally five year olds?" Owen yelled at both of us.

_____________________________
We love the chaotic energy 😂