Chapter eleven

Saiges POV

"Whoever hits Kenny gets a hundred points!" Charlie yells as he runs past me.

I sprint after him as I try not to run into anymore people.

"Sorry!" I hear Charlie yell as he nearly knocks someone over.

My eyes land on Kenny talking to someone and I point the toy gun at him. His eyes land on me and Charlie causing him to give us a concerned look. Before I have time to shoot him Charlie hits Kenny in the chest.

"Boom! That's how you win!" Charlie yelled.

"Dang it." I mumble as I try and catch my breath.

"Sorry Kenny." Charlie says as he pats Kenny's back.

"Hey Saige can I borrow that?" Kenny asks me softly as he points to my gun.

I shrug as I hand him the gun and he points it at Charlie causing Charlie's eyes to widen.

"I'll give you five seconds to run." Kenny says playfully.

Charlie quickly started running away but Kenny hit him with a bullet as he was running. Charlie dramatically fell to the ground as he pretending like he was dying.

"Nice." I tell Kenny as I laugh at Charlie.

Kenny hands me back my gun and I bend over next to Charlie.

"I think Kenny won." I say sarcastically.

Charlie nods as he looks up at me. I stretch my hand out to him and help him stand up. He runs a hand through his hair as he looks down at me.

"I'm gonna go practice singing if you want to come with." Charlie says softly.

"Sure." I reply as I follow behind him.

He leads me to his trailer and sits down on the couch. He pats the spot next to him as he motions for me to sit next to him. I sit down beside him as I look around the trailer. He has his guitar resting on the side of the couch and he grabbed it and placed it in his lap. He started strumming on the guitar.

"What song would you like me to play Milady?" Charlie asks me playfully.

"Surprise me." I reply softly.

He tuned the guitar as I laid on my stomach and rested my head in my hands. I stared at him as I watched his fingers gently strum against the guitar. He started playing the tune of unsaid Emily causing a smile to form on my face.

"I love this song." I mumble as I keep my eyes on him.

"I know." He says softly as his eyes stare into mine.

He starts singing as he keeps his eyes on me causing an entire zoo to erupt in my stomach.

"First things first
we start the scene in reverse
all of the lines rehearsed
disappeared from my mind
when things got loud
one of us running out
I should've turned around
but I had too much pride.

No time for goodbyes
Didn't get to apologize
Pieces of the clock that lies broken."

I was mesmerized by his amazing voice. How could someone be so cute and so talented?

"You wanna sing along?" Charlie asked me as he stopped playing the song.

"I'd rather listen to you sing it." I say playfully as I keep my eyes on him.

His adorable laugh rung from his lips as he shook his head.

"Let's sing it together." He says softly.

I sigh as I give in and begin singing along with him.

"If I could take us back,
if I could just do that
and write in every empty space the words
I love you in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
If you could only know
I'd never let you go
And the words I most regret all the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily."

We both stop singing as our eyes stayed locked on each other. I noticed his eyes flicker to my lips causing me to feel the urge to kiss him. I notice Charlie starting to lean in as he starts to close the gap between us...

"Y'all finna make me cry and if you keep playing that!" Madi yells as she barges into the trailer.

We both quickly look away from each other and turn our attention to Madi.

"We're y'all about to...?" Madi ask as she puts her hand over her mouth.

"No. We were just umm singing." I stutter as I scoot away from Charlie.

"Yeah... I'm going to go get something to drink. Saige you want to come?" Charlie asks me awkwardly.

"Sure." I blurt as we both hurry out of the trailer.

"I wonder what drinks they have at Crafts services." Charlie says as we walk side by side.

"You will probably make a gross concoction out of whatever drinks they have anyways." I say playfully as I nudge his arm.

Even when we touch the slightest bit it makes me feel a certain type of way.

"I definitely will. Who needs normal drinks when you can add a little flavor to everything?" Charlie says proudly.

I feel my hand accidentally hit his.

"Sorry." He says softly as he moved his hand from mine.

"Your good." I reply softly.

My eyes glance down at our hands that were inches apart. I wanted to grab his hand but I was to nervous. I felt Charlie's finger brush against mine sending chills through my body.

"Oooh they have fruit punch!" He yells as he quickly walks away from me.

I shake my head as I follow close behind him. I feel two hands cover my eyes causing me to stop walking.

"Guess who?" A familiar voice says playfully.

"Ummmm Owen." I say as I immediately recognize who it is.

He removes his hands from my eyes and I turn around and smile at the blonde haired boy.

"Where you been?" He asks me softly.

"Singing with Charlie." I say as I motion towards the other boy who was practically jumping up and down over Fruit punch.

"Oh." Owen says as his voice falls to a sadder tone.

"Doesn't fruit punch mixed with apple juice and lemonade sound delicious?" Charlie asks me as I feel his arm wrap around my back.

"Actually no." I say playfully as I laugh at him.

"Your loss." He mumbles as he chugs a dark colored cup.

He immediately has a disgusted look on his face as he struggles to swallow the liquid in his mouth.

"Nope you were right. That wasn't good." He says as he violently shakes his head.

____________________________
Unsaid Emily is such a good song ugh 🥺