Her Snuggles

Leon sits in a booth with Mattie and Kailee at Mystic Grill.

"Leon. Do you understand why I allow you to date my big sister?"

"Because I'm your best friend and you love me?"

"Because you are my perfect prank test subject."

"...Why do I even bother?"

Kailee giggles. "I love you, Leo!"

"Thanks, Lee. You treat me a lot better than your sister does."

"Can we go back to me? Thank you. Now, this date must be perfect. My sister deserves the best of everything! So tell us, what are your ideas for this date?"

"One idea was to Netflix and chill."

"Lame."

"Well then how about a picnic?"

"Romantic but not good enough."

"Bake a cake together, then I'll write the words on-"

"Do you not understand how big a moment this is for the two of you?! Why are so dumb?! And where are my damn tacos?!"

"Hey, you know the only person who can insult me is my mother! And language, there's a child present! Kailee, don't grow up to be like your sister."

Kailee giggles. "Don't worry, I promise!"

"Yeah, we'll see about that. But I'm pretty sure I know who she will take after. My baby sister is a force to be reckoned with. Now getting back to the main subject. Leon, I gave you my blessing to date my sister. But if you want my blessing for when you two get married-"

"I only need Mr. and Mrs. Parker's blessing for marriage-"

"Not in our family. When you date a Morningstar, you have to get the entire family's blessing. That's just how it works."

"Kailee, do you agree with this?"

"Yes but you already have my permission to marry my big sister. Our whole family loves you, you've been able to withstand Mattie's pranks and you make the best candy apples! Oh and you're the best hugger!"

Leon chuckles. "Thanks, kiddo."

"Don't get to happy because you don't have my permission yet. You have to work for it. And when the marriage topic does come up in the future, I will be the first person you come to, understand?"

"...I can't win with you..."

"Ooh, I have an idea!" Kailee raises her hand. "But I expect a hug in return, Leo!"

"Since you treat me a lot better than Mattie does, you get two hugs." He ruffles her hair. "Now what's your idea?"