Pressure rising

I was heading back to my car when my phone rang. Looking at the screen and seeing it was Tadashi, I picked up.

"Hey Tadashi. What's up?"

He could clearly hear the worry in my tone, because he was quick to answer.

"Nothing, I was just making sure that I could call you."

"You're beating around the bush."

"Fine. I am. I need help."

"What do you need?"

"Tsukki and I are getting kicked out of our apartment in a few weeks and you're the only person on our contact list because of our anxiety."

"You sound surprisingly calm about this."

"I have to. Tsukki's panicking."

"Is Tsukki your roommate?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, lemme find the street we're on, and I'll text you the address."

Hanging up, I motion for the rest of the group to stop while I look for a street sign. Seeing it and recording its name, I hit the send button. As the text travels up to space, through the satellites, and back down to Tadashi's phone, I pick at my thumb nervously. I feel Sawamura put his hand over mine, and I stop. I didn't do it on purpose, I just picked up the habit somewhere and it stuck. I see three dots pop up on the screen, and then they disappear, a single acronym remaining in its wake.

omw

"He's on his way," I hear myself say. Sawamura nods and sits me down on a bench. I feel his hand rubbing circles in my back, and realize that I've gone into another overthinking spiral. "You've gotten better at recognizing them than I am," I laugh a little, and he smiles. "They'll be here soon," he reminds me, and I snuggle into his shoulder. He pulls me into his chest and I am enveloped by his familiar, comforting scent. I feel the steady pulsing of his heart, and it calms me down. I don't pull away, and he hugs me tighter.

Our peaceful moment is broken by Tadashi's voice. 

"Suga-chan!"