A game of human Tetris

I shove all of our belongings in front of each person's seat, and then contemplate. "Okay," I begin, "Tadashi in the trunk, Tsukishima, Tanaka, and Ennoshita in the middle, and me and Sawamura in the front. Kay?"

Everyone nods, and Tadashi clumsily slips over the backseat and falls into the trunk of my car, where he then reaches over and grabs his and Tsukishima's bags, pulling them in with him. Tsukishima hops in first, on the left side, followed in order by Ennoshita, then Tanaka. I take the wheel for the first portion of the trip, so Sawamura sits in the passenger's side. I grab his hand and hold it for a moment, then give it a quick squeeze and start to drive. I can hear Tadashi slipping around in the trunk a little bit, but I bought a rope this morning and fashioned a sort of makeshift seat belt by tying it around the back of Tsukishima's seat and finding another solid anchor in the trunk, so I knew he'd be fine. I decided not to point out Tanaka and Ennoshita holding hands in what I assume was nervousness, but I took a silent note of it anyway.

I hope we don't get pulled over, because If I do, we're screwed.

And as soon as I think that, I hear sirens.

Tadashi immediately ducks down so he can't be seen, because there are no windows in the trunk, and I keep driving steadily. Or, I try to. Either way, the cop car passes without incident, but Tadashi doesn't get back up for a while. When he finally does, I've switched with Sawamura, and Tanaka is asleep on Ennoshita's shoulder. Tsukishima is sitting still, with his eyes closed, but I know he isn't sleeping. He had some white and grey headphones, but they're not visible now. I wonder where they'd gone to.

Tadashi is gripping the back of the seats white-knuckled, probably looking for another police car. I notice Tsukishima notice, and grab the hand of the freckled boy, who calms down instantly. It's right then I realize just how stupid this whole idea is. I can't run away with four people I barely know to a place that's a thousand miles away from where I live! I barely know them, for God's sake! All I know are their names. I can't do this. I can't-

"Koushi."

I realize that Sawamura stopped the car. I look up at him. 

"It happened again, didn't it?"

"Yep."

Ennoshita leaned towards us. "Is it the car? It should be fine."

I quickly reassure him. "No, it's not the car, I just started overthinking things a little bit."

"Okay. Let me know if there are any car troubles, though.'

"Kay."

We're in a parking lot. The hotel parking lot.

I'm in for a hell of a ride, aren't I?