Part 3

The parallel movie behind the scenes of "Kiralık Aşk" prompts scriptwriter Meriç to include remarks on comments exchanged between team members before and after the shoot. It also, in its own way, includes real-life scenarios. But in the beginning, viewers do not understand. They realise it later when people from the camera crew begin to outsource news from the kitchen of the series.

In episode 13 the action unfolds at the out-of-town team building organised by Necmi. There Barış receives evidence that his feelings for Elçin are shared. Defne and Ömer's first real kiss is not up to the standards of the Turkish series - the two bite their lips slightly, and despite the operator's tricks, this does not go unnoticed by viewers.

After this episode, the Owl's fans start to spread rumours: Elçin is an alcoholic, she was rude and rampant, and her father left her with suspected paternity. All these dirt, gossip, and attacks bring Elçin down and she almost stops eating. She becomes ill and goes to hospital for the first time. Even Barış's confused mother happens to go to the hospital twice to see her... (Whether it is true or not, we can't know, but it's true that for years, the Owl had hoped Barış's mother would push her son into an official marriage, because in one of her most recent interviews in 2019 the Owl said: I won't marry the one you've been shipping me for years with, we know the reasons).

But let's go back to 2015. The Jewelry Agency offers gifts to the most talked couple in movies. Elçin takes a picture with her gift and uploads the photo on Instagram. Below the photo, a profile called "arducbrs" leaves a comment: "I'm already aware that you are my everything." The next day Barış's profile gets hacked, and Elçin turns off the comment option and deletes all the photos from "Kiralık Aşk" series.