🎄Chapter 01: 🎶Carol of The Bells🎶🎄

🎄
Chapter 01: 🎶Carol Of The Bells🎶
🎄

*Annabelle's POV*

I stood outside dads house while mom, her husband Neil, and my younger brother Charlie, were waiting in the car. I decided to wait outside because I absolutely love the winter season, and didn't want to stay cooped up inside a car.

Dad was running late, no surprise there.

As you can probably tell, my parents are divorced. Even after the divorce, they argue constantly.

Charlie and I live with our mom and her husband Neil, or as dad calls him, 'Dr. I-Got-My-PhD-Out-Of-A-Cereal-Box'. Mom said as soon as I turned 16, I could choose to live with dad if I wanted to as I'll be old enough to make my own decisions....sort of. I love my mom, I really do, but I can't stand Neil as much as dad couldn't either.

As luck would have it, my birthday just so happens to be on Christmas Eve, which is today. That's why I have a suitcase and a couple of bags with me.

Sorry, forgot to mention: My name is Annabelle Laura Calvin, but people call me 'Bell', as in the song 'Jingle Bells'? Or at least that's what my dad says. I've gotten used to it pretty much since the day I was born. The kids at school used to make fun of me, saying things like how I was practically named after a useless Christmas ornament.

They can pick on me as much as they'd like, but that won't stop me from loving the Christmas season.

If anything, I like all the holidays. So does my best friend, Holly April Clementine. We both absolutely love the holidays - from April Fools day, Easter...you name it!

Although we don't really do much for Valentines day for obvious reasons (neither of us can score a date...but who cares?), instead, we watch sappy romance movies with a box of tissues, popcorn, fizzy drinks, and pizza....because why the heck not, right?

One of the good things about moving in with my dad is that I'll only be a few blocks from the local orphanage, which is where Holly lives.

As to how she ended up living at the orphanage in the first place, all she knows from what Ms. Clementine said, Holly was left on the doorstep of the same orphanage she's been living in for years when she was a baby. No one knows who her parents are, not even Holly or Ms. Clementine.

Ms. Clementine is the lady who runs the orphanage and takes care of all the children on her own. Holly was left wrapped in a blanked with a note and a necklace with a leaf on it that changes colour depending on her mood....well....until she lost it a few years ago, that is.

There's a total of 6 children that live in the orphanage, Holly included. I always help out at the orphanage with Holly when we're not at school or have no homework to do. We help by cleaning up the place and doing other chores that needed to be done so it gives Ms. Clementine a break, while Charlie spent time playing with the children. Holly and I also play with them too sometimes when we're not busy helping Ms. Clementine.

Anyway, back to what's happening now in regards to my dad, he's only now just turned up in his car in front of us.

I'll give it 5 minutes and mom will start yelling at him.

Charlie got out of Neil's car holding a present and walked to the house with mom while I followed behind them with my luggage.

"Bye Charlie, bye Annabelle." Neil called out from the car.