🎄Chapter 17: 🎶Jingle Bells🎶🎄

🎄
Chapter 17: 🎶Jingle Bells🎶
🎄

*Annabelle's POV*

We left the North Pole just a moment ago, and as much as I wanted to lean over and take a good view of the cities and colourful rays of light eliminating from the buildings below, I managed to restrain myself.

My brother however, kept fidgeting. Dad took a quick glance at him. "Charlie, stay in your seat."

"I gotta show you something." Charlie said as he pressed a few buttons on the sleigh. "Radio-jamming jingle bells."

Holly nudged my shoulder and I shook my head, laughing. "What can I say? I'm famous during the festive season."

"Whatever." Holly laughed.

Charlie kept pressing different buttons, telling dad what it does. "Snow screen, DC-10 alert, and air freshener."

"Wow!" Dad yelled in amazement.

"Awesome, isn't?" I asked as I rest my arms on Charlie's seat, taking a closer look at the control panel.

Charlie looked at dad and pointed at his red hat. "And most important of all, your hat."

"My hat?" Dad asked confused.

Charlie held up two fingers. "It's lined with a two-way radio. Microphones in here." Charlie grabbed the end of the hat and waved the white fully bauble that's attached to the end of it. "It connects you directly to Judy."

Dad looked down and pointed to something on the panel. "Wait a minuet. What's this?"

"Oh, that's a CD." said Charlie.

Dad turned back to face the front. "Compact Disc."

"No. Cookie/Cocoa Dispenser." I corrected him.

Charlie pulled a small tray connected to the slay that had four cups on. He pressed the green button on it and steaming hot cocoa poured into two of the cups. "The cocoa comes out nice and hot." Once it was done, I grabbed one for myself, and Holly took the other. Charlie pressed the green button again and the CD did the same thing with his and dads cups.

"And out pops a cookie." Holly said as a cookie popped out just underneath it, exactly the way cash comes out of your bank account through a cash machine.

Charlie handed a cookie to me, and after another cookie popped out, he gave it to Holly. Two more cookies popped out straight after for Charlie and dad to have with their drinks.

Dad turned to the three of us and smiled gratefully. "How could I have done this without you kids?"

Charlie gave dad a toothy grin. "You couldn't."

Holly and I laughed and nodded. "That's right."

Dad chuckled, making the rest of us laugh together until we landed on a roof of a house that I recognised as one of the ones dad visited last year.

"Maybe the little girl will give him soya milk this time." Holly said while we waited for dad to deliver the girls presents.

I chuckled. "Funny, I think she actually will, too. And if she did, she's very clever at remembering, and very sweet, too. It's not wonder her namesake on the Nice List."

When dad came back and started the sleigh, he told us that the milk she left him tasted sour, but that was because she gave him soya milk instead. Holly and I looked at each other and had a knowing look on our faces.

Sometime later, Charlie pointed out an area that he recognised. "Look! That's mom's, Neil's, and Elizabeth's block. Can we go there next?"

"Sure." said dad.

Charlie turned to dad with a huge grin. "I made something for them at the workshop." He turned round and faced the front again.

I leaned over to whisper in Holly's ear so dad and Charlie couldn't hear. (A/N: Ha! I rhymed! 😂)
"On a scale of one to ten...how much trouble do you think we'll be in when we get there?"

Holly hummed in thought. "I'd probably say about...10?...maybe 11?..."

I looked at her a little confused. "Wait...I thought you could see 'visions', or something?"

Holly nodded slowly. "Yeah...it's very limited at the moment. To be honest, I'm not sure what happens after we land above your house, it's kind of a blur from then in. I don't even know where to begin with these so called 'visions'. Sometimes I see glimpses of the future, and sometimes I don't. I thought they were just strange dreams at first, but after the year we've had, I've come to release that they're more than just dreams. The only explanation I can think of is that they could be visions. I'll just have to do some research about it and see if I can find some sort of logical explanation to it."

"I'm sure you will. You always know how to solve a mystery like Scooby-Doo." I said.

Holly shoved my arm playfully and laughed. "Whatever. Brace yourself for a scolding of a life time."

I gulped nervously. "If I don't make it out alive, find me in my tower, a.k.a. my bedroom, and save me from the wrath of boredom during the time I'll be grounded...which will most likely happen when we land."

Holly shook her head. "Gee, as much as I would love to be your friend in Christmas-themed clothing, I doubt I'd be able to escape Elizabeth's watchful eyes."

We both released a dramatic sigh and waited nervously to land on the roof of my house.

This was going to be a looooong night.

**End of Chapter 17**