🎄Chapter 11: 🎶It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas🎶🎄

🎄
Chapter 11: 🎶It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas🎶
🎄

*Holly's POV*

Bell and I went with Scott to the toy company he works at. We had to do some work experience in order to get some extra credit for college applications next year. I never really thought about college to be honest. I've only ever thought about owning my very own bakery, and have Bell as my partner.

Once the doors to the elevator opened, the three of us squeezed our way out. I released a sigh of relief. "Boy, am I glad to get of that crowd, or what?"

"Yeah, not exactly the kind of 'crowd surfing' you see in concerts." said Bell.

"Let's get a move on girls, we're already late as it is." Scott scared, making us speed up our pace, until we reached the glass doors to the office that had seven people sitting around a table.

All seven of them were looking in our direction, mainly at Scott.

Bell and I entered the room behind him after he walked in and placed his briefcase on the floor next to a chair, we did the same with our backpacks.

"Calvin?" Mr. Whittle asked in surprise. I remembered him from when Bell invited me as her plus one to a couple of their annual Christmas parties here. I think he's the owner of the company.

Scott chuckled awkwardly as all attention was on him. "Sorry, the dry cleaner in my neighbourhood went up in smoke." A lady gasped as he removed his coat. "Some big chemical fire. All my clothes, poof, gone."

Bell and I took a seat on the chairs behind Scott that were against the glass windows, while Mr. Whittle stood up and made his way over to Scott, looking at him up and down. "God. Your...your weight. What happened?"

Okay, who gave him a big bowl of rudeness this morning?

Scott looked around at everyone for moment, trying to come up with an excuse. "Bee sting. Evidently, I'm allergic."

I mentally face-palmed. "Almost killed me. But the guy at the emergency room says the swelling will go down." He picked up his briefcase and walked over to his seat
"I hope." He set his briefcase down next to his seat and sat down. "So, did I miss anything?"

"No, we were just about to order our lunch." A gentleman from across the table said. I can't remember his name though.

"Great! I'm starving." Scott said as a waiter placed a menu in front of him.

The waiter gave one each to myself and Bell, too. "Thank you." We said in unison.

The lady next to Scott handed her menu back to the waiter and give him her order.
Did she even look at it? "I'll have a salad and ice tea and dressing on the side."

The waiter ignored Scott and turned to Bell and I. "We'll both have tuna fish and cucumber sandwiches and a gingerbread cookie each, please." I said as I gave the menu back to the waiter, who was writing down our order. "And we'll both have a glass of water to drink as well."

"Thank you very much." Bell said politely as she gave the menu back to the waiter who nodded before moving onto Mr. Whittle. "Pasta and tomatoes and very light on the oil. Can you do that?"

"And I'll have a caesar salad. No dressing." Scott said, then looked back at the menu again. "And one of those homemade cookies with the warm chocolate chip. No nuts. And a little slice of cheesecake, creme brûlée, and hot fudge sundae, extra hot fudge."