fourteen.

My heart fell out of my ass.

I reached over and turned up the radio. If I can't hear him, I can't feel the sting of his observations. I found a car park close to the front of the take away and ejected myself from the car quick enough to give myself a head spin.

The wind chime hanging on the door rang as I entered the warmth of the shop. My eyes zeroed in on the freshly made chips sitting in the bain marie and my mouth began to water.

"See, I knew you two would be back. And darl, if my memory is correct, it's your shout?" Don called from behind the counter.

"Yep, it is. Can I grab a medium chips, cheese and gravy please?" I couldn't peel my eyes off the golden potato sticks in front of me.

"No problem, darl. What about you, mate?"

"I'll just grab one of your chicken burgers thanks, just the plain one." I felt his presence behind me, so I turned on my heel and headed towards the drinks fridge.

I reached in and grabbed a bottle of water. Turning to shut the fridge door and head back to the register, I was met with the sight of Harry's chest. His hand reached out to keep the fridge door open before pausing for a moment. I looked up at him, seeking an explanation, only to meet his stare. Keeping his eyes on mine he slowly leant in, my heart stopped. His green eyes kept looking at me and a smirk grew on his face as he leant around me and into the drink fridge to retrieve a bottle of water as well. He lifted the bottle to my line of sight, gave it a little shake and spun around.

I blinked rapidly, what the fuck?

"Just $22 for that one, you can tap at the front or insert at the top." Don gestured towards the machine sitting on the counter as I approached him. I got my card out of my pocket and tapped it, waiting for the confirmation beep.

I stormed out to my car, not without hearing Don yell 'I'll see you guys next time!'. I started the car and patiently awaited the heating to kick in. Once he got in the car, we started back towards the school.

Thankfully he was silent for the entire drive back to school and while we ate. I made the stupid decision to turn my phone back on, which put constant vvrr vvrr noises in my pocket everytime Will texted. The screen illuminated once again and I glanced down at it, 99+ notifications sat on top of the green messages app.

"Good to see the spark is still there." Harry almost giggled, surely he isn't proud of that pun.

I glanced up at him with a bored expression, triggering his laughter. He had such a loud but genuine laugh. It almost made me smile, but the memory of his earlier speculation stopped that in its tracks.

"What? It's great to see you have a connection." He kept laughing.

"Seriously, can we drop it? I don't want to talk about Will with you." I snapped.

Not only had he mentioned the night at the bar when he obviously witnessed Will in his drunk state, but now he was trying to continue the joke. Asshole.

"What about you, huh? What about the girl YOU brought to the Christmas party? Still with her?" I narrowed my eyes and cocked my head to the side, hoping I could make him as uncomfortable as he made me. But I didn't. He laughed even harder.

"The girl - I brought to the Christmas party - isn't my girlfriend. That's - Clem - my - sister!" He couldn't contain his laughter throughout his sentence but after the word 'sister', I didn't think it was possible, but his laugh got even louder.

His left hand was gripping his knee and the right sat on his stomach as he doubled over with laughter. I rolled my eyes, stood up and made my way over to the bin to throw my rubbish in. I could start painting the table tops now because they would need a few coats, but my motivation had hit a wall.

"I'm gonna head home. I have had enough of painting and mishaps and you today." I narrowed my eyes on him as he sat up, recovering from his fit of giggles.

"Ok, I have things to do in my office anyway. See you tomorrow, Miss Cook." He shot me a wink as he passed me on his way out the door.

Asshole.

short one but there is some very big plot lines coming up that will change everything...