Chapter Eleven

Derek knew as soon as he stepped near the bleachers as the lacrosse team filtered onto the field that something was wrong.

He was focused on Stiles, his heartbeat and his chemosignals, frowning when they seemed to disappear for a moment before being replaced with the scent of intense fear and panic.

Derek couldn't see what Stiles was looking at, and only saw the boy sit down on the lacrosse bench heavily, scanning where Derek told him he would be quickly, his heartbeat only calming down when he saw the familiar alpha.

He looked at the bleachers where he knew Theo was, figuring if anyone would know what had happened to cause such a negative reaction in the fox, it would be the one werewolf that was unoccupied by the lacrosse game.

Theo met his gaze, his head tilting ever-so-slightly up the bleachers to where Allison sat with her grandfather.

Of course. Gerard. Why hadn't they put two and two together? Of course it was Gerard who had captured Stiles and killed his pack, he practically owned the whole supernatural hunting business in the area. Derek nodded, thanking Theo for the information, who leaned back slightly, his eyes watching as Liam took the field as the goalie.

For Derek, the game went by quickly, as he was more interested in the fidgeting, still nervous boy on the bench, his interest peaking as he heard the coach shout out Stiles' last name, sending the boy into the game with barely any time left.

Derek took a step forward so he could see the whole field better, watching with a smug smile as Stiles confused and dodged all the defenders on the field, suppressing a cheer as the boy made a goal.

This happiness, however, was quickly replaced by confusion and panic as the stadium lights went dark. Something was happening, Derek could feel it, running forwards in search of the fox.

He ran into someone familiar smelling, realizing it as Scott, growling into his ear, "It's Gerard. He wants something with Stiles."

Scott nodded, running into the pandemonium to look for the fox shifter that had disappeared in the darkness. The lights flickered on a few seconds later, making Derek scan the field frantically, searching for any sight or scent of the boy.

Stiles was gone.

"Gerard left." Scott ran up to Derek, who nodded. This was all going quite terrible, and the two werewolves ran over to the opposing goal where Stiles was last seen as the lacrosse team behind them began to celebrate.

"I think he got dragged off here." Scott said using his keen sense of smell, gesturing to where the grass was torn up the slightest bit. Derek nodded, in agreement, his brows furrowed before turning to Scott.

"Text the pack. Meeting at the loft in ten minutes." Derek said, turning to Theo and Isaac as the two rushed over. "Gerard took Stiles, we need to figure out where. Get to the loft, quick."

The two boys nodded, both of them running away probably to get Liam and the girls as Derek and Scott ran to Derek's black car, skidding out of the parking lot before the large crowd left and caused a traffic jam.

"Where do you think he's taken him?" Scott asked, leaning forward in his seat.

"I have no idea." Derek admitted, feeling worried. "He has about a million different buildings you could easily hide a fox in."

"Great." He heard Scott mutter. Derek sighed, his hands twisting on the steering wheel. What was really a five minute drive felt like hours by the time they actually pulled into the parking lot, the pair being the first ones there.

They quickly went up to the loft, Derek pulling out a map of Beacon Hills filled with markings of everything supernatural thing they knew of.

"He wouldn't bring him back to his own home, right?" Scott asked, looking at Derek. Derek shook his head.

"That's too obvious." He answered, barely glancing up as he heard Theo, Isaac, Lydia, and Liam walk in.

"Did anyone see anything?" Lydia asked. "Before the blackout?" Derek looked at Theo expectantly, who nodded.

"Before the game, Allison brought up Gerard to introduce him to Stiles," Theo began. "Stiles recognized him, and he got scared. I think Gerard had foxglove on his hand or something too, because when Stiles touched his forehead with the hand that he shook Gerard's with he acted like it burned. I think it might have been the same poison that was stopping him from healing before." This helped, but not much. This only proved their suspicion that Gerard was the one who had held Stiles captive not a week before.

"I can help." A deep voice from the door said, making all of them turn. Next to Allison and Malia, who were walking closer towards the desk where everyone was gathered, stood Chris Argent. Derek stood up straight, immediately frowning.

"Why should we trust you?" Derek asked. "You've tried to kill us before." Chris nodded, walking towards the table where they had the map laid out.

"I've helped you before as well." Chris said, which was true. "And you're going to need my help if you want Stiles out alive."

"What's he going to do to him?" Isaac asked, making Chris falter, as if he needed to gather his answer for a moment.

"He was experimenting with Stiles before you all broke him out." Chris began to explain. "It was terrible things, things I never supported and things that went against our code."

"Why does he need Stiles back?" Scott asked, making Chris press his lips together in worry.

"If he needs Stiles back, that means he possibly has a breakthrough in what he was trying to achieve. Something that will bring Stiles a lot of pain." Chris said gravely, before turning towards the map. "Most of the experiments went on in the building where he kept Stiles, but the actual science occurred in this building. If he wants it done quick, which he probably will know that he knows Stiles is with your pack, he'll most likely bring him there."

"What is he trying to do?" Derek asked. Chris looked up at him, a fearful expression on his face.

"He wants to turn Stiles into something completely inhuman. He wants a human, wolf, fox hybrid."

The air went cold. You can't be two species at once, especially with the supernatural- yes, there were chimeras and such, and they had faced a few, but a fox and a wolf were different. They were practically genetically predisposed to hate each other, so if Gerard put any sort of wolf DNA inside of Stiles, his body could reject it and possibly tear itself apart.

This was going to go really, really badly.