Chapter Seventeen

Stiles' head pounded the next time he came to, looking around frantically as he realized he was at the bottom of the staircase that he was looking at when he was with Mrs. Argent.

"I swear to god, that bitch..." Stiles mumbled, pulling himself off the ground. How long had it been since he had been knocked out? He made his way up the top of the stairs, grabbing the door handle to find it locked.

"Great. Wonderful." Stiles threw his hands up in the air. "I'm locked in a freaking basement and I'm sure everyone in the pack think's I've been kidnapped once again! God." He mumbled, sitting down on the top step.

Couldn't they follow his scent? He frowned at the idea, unsure if it would work. Theo knew he was with Argent, so he could follow his scent down to where he was hidden. But he knew they would have covered it up, it couldn't be that easy- they had to have a plan.

What were they getting out of trapping him in the basement? It's not like he was doing any good to the hunters down here while the rest of the pack was upstairs, probably aware of the situation by now.

I wish I had the phone right now. Stiles thought, getting up to look around the room at the bottom of the stairs. It seemed to be just the boiler room, the only windows thin and ten feet off the ground.

Stiles frowned. He could probably squeeze through if he was in his fox form, but what was he going to do when he got out, shift back right outside the school and possibly get caught outside naked before he could put his clothes back on.

"What else can I do?" Stiles mumbled, figuring he might as well try. He couldn't wait here knowing the Argents were probably hurting his pack as he was stuck in the freaking basement of a school.

He began to pull boxes towards one of the windows, deciding to go to the one with one of the bushes in front of the school hiding it from most of the view. Quickly he had a sort of staircase made of old boxes and crates that the school had stored down in the dusty basement.

"Alright, here we go." He muttered to himself, reaching up towards the window, seeing the small lock where it opened and closed the thin window pane.

Of course it had to be locked, he thought. He sighed, looking at his fist for a moment before winding back, slamming his fist into the glass and sending a spiderweb through the glass, smiling in satisfaction as he pressed the rest of the glass out onto the ground, making enough room for him to crawl through in his other form.

He quickly shifted, the anxiety in his stomach only growing as he felt like something was going wrong, he needed to get to the pack, quickly. He grabbed his clothes in his mouth, climbing up the rest of the boxes and out the window, the jagged edges of the glass raking through his fur as he got through, cheering silently to himself as he got through, pressing himself to the edge of the school as his gaze landed on the forest near the lacrosse field.

He was relieved to see that school was still in session, and it was either still early in the morning or later in the afternoon when there was nobody out for lunch.

Stiles was able to get to the forest, quickly changing back to a human and putting his clothes on.

What is he supposed to do now? He decided to go to the parking lot, looking for Scott's familiar motorbike and Lydia's car and finding their usual spots empty.

"Well, this is going amazingly." Stiles muttered, running into the school. He went to the office, cautiously aware and on the lookout for Mrs. Argent, slipping into the office silently.

"Hello," Stiles said quietly, a small smile on his face. "Is Scott McCall here today?"

The lady who helped him enroll lookup at him, a smile on her face as she told him she would check.

"It seems like he hasn't been in his last two classes." She said. "You're his friend?" Stiles nodded, trying to keep a smile on his face despite the worry that only grew. He said a quiet thank you before slipping out the door, going straight out the way he came back in.

He was going back to the loft. No one's cars were there, no one was in school. He assumed that locking him in the basement was only a distraction so they could do something for the pack.

Stiles took off running, barely keeping his speed under control as he left the school behind, making it back to Derek's home in a record time of fifteen minutes of running. He practically ripped the door open, finding the loft empty, one of the window panes smashed in and an empty canister leaving the smell of wolfsbane in the loft.

"This is just amazing." Stiles muttered, running over to the desk in the front of the wall of windows, a paper lying on the desk that Stiles knew wasn't there this morning.

He picked it up, cringing at the small droplets of blood splattered across the page.

You for their lives.

He knew what was happening. He was losing another pack, the second one in his life, to the Argents. Stiles bit his lip, fighting back a cry of pain. He knew Gerard probably took them back to the one building Stiles would remember, the one where he had been held and tortured until the pack had been the ones to rescue him.

Stiles quickly put the note in his pocket, shoving his emotions down as he did a few months ago. He couldn't get sad, not now. Not when he didn't know when his time limit was.