Chapter Two

After Stiles had taken the chance and flashed his eyes at the werewolf, Isaac reassured him that his pack would come to get him out and he would get the fox help as well. This gave Stiles hope, but not much.

He had been getting weaker and weaker as the time went on. He wasn't sure if it was his injuries worsening, or if the constant influx of foxglove mist had increased in the past few days, or it was his body was just giving up.

Stiles knew that the Isaac boy had noticed; he had taken his pain a few more times, although the time he was able to touch the fox while doing it got shorter and shorter, and Stiles could only assume that was because the pain he was in was getting more and more unbearable. He also hadn't moved from Isaac's side since the first time he had moved, having barely enough energy to lift his head at times, in fact he moved closer after the first three hours, now resting near Isaac's hip, the warmth of the boy's legs making Stiles feel like he wasn't freezing to death at all times.

It was three days after Isaac's capture that the door flung open and Stiles' senses were assaulted with the presence of many more werewolves.

One man stood in front, tall and buff with bright green eyes fading back from the red of an alpha werewolf. Stiles assumed this was Isaac's pack when Isaac sighed in relief, letting the alpha help him up from where he was lying on the ground.

"You found a fox?" The alpha's voice was deep and smooth, and Stiles suddenly wasn't sure if he wanted to go to sleep from the pain or the alpha's calming tone of voice.

"He's hurt. Badly, Derek. I think he's going to die." Isaac said quietly, although the statement didn't escape the fox's keen ears, the two werewolves watched as the weak creature struggled to its feet, standing in a weary yet defensive position.

"Let us help you." Isaac said, crouching down closer to the fox. Stiles knew he could trust Isaac (well, sort of) by this point, but he wasn't prepared to meet an alpha and what smelled like a ridiculously strong pack that was waiting outside of the door.

Although Stiles was debating the choice, it seemed like his body betrayed him, as his paws collapsed underneath him and his legs gave out. This was all Isaac needed to scoop up the fox, handing it to the alpha- Derek, that was his name- Stiles thought through blurry eyes, as they began to walk out of the small room.

He heard a few more voices questioning the presence of a severely injured fox in the hands of the alpha werewolf, but he could sense the tone of urgency in Isaac's voice. Was it really that bad? He wondered, his thoughts hazy as he could barely think through his clouded state, as if his system had gotten used to the foxglove around him and was shocked by the sudden lack of it. He felt like the air around him got thicker, his breaths becoming more shallow as the stinging air was abandoned behind them.

Stiles attempted to refocus as he heard the unfamiliar sound of a car door shutting and he was placed into the passenger seat of a black car, his head resting on his paws as he tried to remember the last time he was in a car like this.

It was years ago, probably during a time when his mother and father were still together, and he didn't live mostly in his fox form in the woods with his mother and the rest of his pack, constantly on the run from hunters and unable to actually settle down as humans.

Stiles couldn't help but let out an unwarranted whimper slip out of his mouth at the thought of his pack, the life he had before this, his eyes flickering to the alpha that glanced down at him briefly, taking the whimper as one of pain and pressing on the gas pedal slightly more.

Stiles raised his head slightly, looking into the back of the car to see three others sitting in the back seat of the sleek car. He stared at them for a moment, observing what they looked like. One was Isaac, who he obviously knew, but there was another boy who looked to be slightly shorter than his former cellmate, his jaw slightly uneven. Next to him was a girl with strawberry blonde hair, her eyes filled with worry as they met his whiskey brown ones filled with pain.

"We're here." The alpha next to him to him said after what seemed like forever, reaching over the center console to pick up the quiet fox next to him carefully, fixing it securely in his arms before opening the car door and walking quickly to the door where the uneven jawed boy was holding it open, and Stiles saw a brief flash of a sign with "animal clinic" on it.

Stiles assumed the rest of their pack had already arrived and the veterinarian somehow knew about the supernatural, because as soon as he looked at the fox, he began to mutter to himself, before gesturing to the alpha to lay the fox down on the metal table in the center of the room.

The veterinarian crouched down next to the table, his eyes meeting Stiles as he began to talk. "Hello, my name is Dr. Deaton. I know you are in an immense amount of pain but it will be much easier for us to help you if you are in your human form. I know it's going to hurt a lot in this state but you need to shift back."

Stiles looked into the man's eyes, searching them for the truth and finding nothing but that, his eyes lighting up with a soft violet in understanding, and the man straightened up and placed something made of fabric next to Stiles.

"We'll be in the next room while you shift back, I have a feeling that we won't be needing you to put on a shirt with your injuries." The doctor said, gesturing for the various werewolves in the room to leave and go to the waiting room they had passed, and Stiles heard him inquire about Isaac's state.  

Put on the clothes.  That's all he had to do.