thirty

Aaron was pleading at the gate, 'Please, I'm an FBI Agent- I need to get on that plane!' he demanded, brandishing his badge and Spencer fumbling for his.

'I'm sorry but we ca-' the lady began when she was interrupted by the phone. Her face morphed from neutral to concern, and then straight to fear. Fear that Aaron noticed. Fear that Reid noticed.

'What's going on?' Spencer perked up.

She attempted to remain calm, 'You are not allowed on until the military arrive. Those are my orders.'

'What?' Aaron was bolt up-right, his shoulders clenched and back stiff.

'That's all I know!' she squeaked, 'They just managed to sneak a call while the shooter was distracted!'

'You're saying there's an armed person on that plane?' Reid asked, curls sticking to sweat.

'Yes.'

'Where is the nearest exit to the runway?' commanded Aaron, hands ready to push off the desk.

'Down the corridor' she said, barely finishing her sentence before Hotch pushed off and began running, Reid on his heels.

'Reid!' he shouted behind him.

'On it.' Spencer noted, dialling the rest of the team to get there.

               And so, the gun made a shriek erupt from the right-hand side of the plane. One man shielded the eyes of his children and that baby was silenced.

'Sit down' he spoke. His voice was laced with malice without reason; the plane was silent enough for you to pick up on that. Nobody was sure what he had in the bag. More weapons? A bomb? It was impossible to say.

'Three strikes...' he curled a grin onto his face. His hair looked as though it hadn't been washed in a lifetime yet the zip up hoodie he wore was immaculate.

A heroic move indeed, one man of about forty at the front was up for a challenge. His height was significantly smaller to this dangerous giant, but he was willing to try and persuade.

'Look, there are families. Kids. They have done nothing, no one here has,' he convinced, gradually inching closer to the shooter, 'Let them go, if anyone,' he pleaded, nearly on his knees. Slowly, the brave passenger pulled the gun down a little. Nowhere near success, the criminal brought it back up in one motion and brandished the smaller man's face. Then, he shot him in the leg.

People were screaming, crying, and scared.

'Strike one.'

                 Still sprinting, dashing for any door to you, Hotch and Reid bolted down staircase after staircase in emergency exits. Soon, they found themselves out on the cold tarmac where your flight was halted. Nothing could convey the look on Hotch's face as he scanned every window for you. Spencer hated to see it and was on the phone with Morgan who had nearly caused an accident on the highway.

'Where is she?!' he yelled, frustrated.

Reid called back, 'I can't see her!'

Not moments later, trucks full of armed military men rolled up. Attention was now all on your flight. Aaron was handing a vest to Spencer when the general spoke to them.

'What do you know?'

'All we got is that there's an armed person on that flight. Anymore calls are too risky, they'll know,' Hotch said.

A megaphone was handed to the general. 'To whoever is armed on this aircraft, surrender. We will use force,' the general boomed, to which he received no reply. Morgan & Emily arrived shortly followed by JJ, Rossi and Garcia.