~15

Afterward, the sudden arrival and assistance of the Survey Corps, along with the efforts of the Garrison's engineers, allowed wall Rose to withstand the Titans once more. It took a full day to eradicate the remaining Titans now trapped within Trost. The barrage of the fixed canons fired from atop the wall was endless. The few remaining Titans were primarily killed by the Survey Corps. During that operation, humanity managed to capture two Titans alive. However, 207 were dead or missing, and 897 were wounded. Humanity had indeed scored its first victory against the Titans, but there were way too many casualties for anyone to celebrate.

"Marie! You've been summoned to the Survey Corps headquarters." A messenger said.

Marie nodded and she went to the headquarters.

"So I don't have to participate in the cleanup... Not that I really want to but still. Why am I being summoned to the Survey Corps headquarters? Wait... Is it about joining the Survey Corps? I've only seen Levi for 10 seconds before he was forced to go away to kill some more incoming Titans after asking what had happened."

Marie got to the headquarters and she saw a person awaiting her.

"You must be Marie. It's really good to see you." A person with glasses said. "I'm Hange Zoë, the person who saved you around four years ago."

Marie widened her eyes.

"Don't worry. I speak sign language. After all, I'm the one who invented it."

Marie couldn't hold herself and went to Hange to hug them. Hange gladly hugged back.

"Even though Levi's your brother, you sure act differently," Hange said with a laugh.

Marie let go and looked up at Hange with a smile.

"You were the person that saved me and invented sign language? Thank you." Marie signed.

"No need to thank me. Now let's get going. Erwin wants to see you." 

They walked down the hallway and went to Ewin's office. Hange knocked on the door and they had to state their names and business.

"Come in."

Marie and Hange walked in and they both saluted.

"I've been expecting you. Hange, thank you for bringing Marie. You can leave now." Erwin said and Hange saluted again and left.

"You can come forward."

Marie nodded and walked closer to his desk.

"As you know we first met around five years ago to get you all into the Survey Corps. You couldn't because you were too young but now that you went through training, you're able to join the Survey Corps immediately. So what Is your goal right now?" Erwin said.  "I speak sign language, don't worry."

"My goal is to eliminate Titans for humanity's sake. I want to join the Survey Corps and make sure to eliminate Titans and even learn something from them. I'm willing to sacrifice my life for that commander."

"Not bad. Levi requested that you'll be put into his squad."

"So this means that I'm in the Survey Corps from now on?"

"Yes. If you want to change your mind, change it now."

"No need for that commander. I will devote my heart to humanity." 

Erwin smiled a little.

"Good. Now that we're done with this, you can leave. Levi asked you to come to his office. Hange will guide you there. Your new uniform will be ready in an hour. Dismissed."