~34

~Recap~

---------------------------

They finally reached the chapel and started to search for hidden details or things.

"Found it. A hidden door." Hange said as they moved the carpet that was over it. "Eren must be in here with the enemy. Hopefully, the layout is like I predicted."

"I can confirm that multiple people are in there. I think over 15 people. I can feel their energies. They don't know that we're here yet but they know an attack is about to happen."

They had special weapons prepared, hoping it would surprise the enemy. Armin fixed the last explosion barrel and told captain Levi that they were ready. Levi stood up and looked at the rest of the group.

"Everyone ready to get their hands dirty? This is about to turn into one nasty battle"

------------------------------

They slowly opened the door that led to a staircase going down.

"Marie. You go down first to see and feel if they can hear us coming." Levi said to Marie, and she went down to see that there was another door.

She held her ear against the door and started to focus. She could hear multiple people reloading their guns. Their energies were still the same, they were expecting an attack, but they didn't know when.

"They still know that we're coming but not know when. We need to bring those barrels and smoke signals down but very quietly." Marie signed.

They started to move everything down very quietly, and there was no change in the enemy's position. Everything and everyone was down and standing in front of the door.

"I'll open the door, and we push three of the barrels down. Then we'll barge in at once. Sasha, you'll set the barrels on fire so that they explode and create smoke. Then, I, Marie, and Mikasa will go first while you guys fire the smoke signals. Once there is enough smoke to hide in, everyone else goes except Armin and Moblit, who will keep firing smoke signals if needed." Levi whispered.

Everyone got ready.

3...2...1...

Levi kicked open the door, and Hange, Connie, and Jean pushed a barrel down. Once the barrels reached the ground, everyone went out at once, and Sasha set the barrels on fire. The place they entered looked crystalized. It was big and spacious with a lot of pillars.

Marie and Levi exchanged looks and shot themselves in the air with their ODM gear and Mikasa following them. Armin and Moblit shot Smoke signals next to them so that they were able to hide better.

"The enemy is confused. Great." Marie thought.

Marie purposely kept her profile low to avoid getting hit or seen by the enemy.

"Thirty-five enemy's!" Levi shouted out. They're all gathered behind the pillars. Continue the plan! We'll take them out at once!"

Jean, Connie, and Hange joined the fight, and Marie started to attack an enemy from behind.

"It's like what Armin said. Since their line of fire and anchor trajectory are faced in the same direction, meaning that the area behind them is completely out of their reach." Marie thought.

The enemy locked eyes with her with a terrified look as she put the blade to his neck.

"Bye-Bye"

Marie sliced his neck and let him fall to the ground as she went ahead.

She could feel the presence of three people behind her. Armin and Moblit shot four smoke signals behind her, and Marie went to the ground.