~28

Commander Erwin and Marie rode full speed towards the fighting scene. Marie could pick up what Armin was saying to Bertholdt and informed Erwin.

"Armin is trying to make Bertholdt lose his temper by telling him lies about Annie." Marie signed at Erwin.

"I'll get Eren if I get the chance," Erwin said with a hint of pain in his voice.

Erwin and Marie got close to Reiner and Bertholdt was about to attack Armin.

"I'll pulverize you!" Bertholdt yelled but Erwin got off his horse and cut Eren off Bertholdt's back.

"To talk about having balls of steel..." Marie thought as Erwin got on his horse's back again.

Eren got picked out of the sky and everyone was ordered to retreat immediately.

Reiner got attacked by a horde of Titans and was in a tough spot overall until he decided to toss Titans towards the group like a madam. He threw them towards the troops and many of them fell off their horse-like Marie.

"Goddammit... That idiot Reiner..." Marie thought as she tried to calm her horse.

Commander Erwin had fallen off his horse as well and she went to his aid. A lot of Titans were around them and soldiers were dying. It was a high risk to protect the commander, but without the commander, they were nothing.

"I- I can always be re-replaced," Erwin said somewhat weakly.

"You indeed can but does that mean that the Survey Corps will be as strong without you?"

Marie killed any Titans that got too close to Erwin and suddenly, another soldier came to help and protect the Commander.

"I've heard about you. We must protect the Commander, even if it costs us our life!" He said.

"No shit..." Marie mentally rolled her eyes as she went towards a small Titan.

In the distance, she could see Eren and Mikasa staring at a blonde Titan with widened eyes. The Titan had someone in her hands and Marie recognized the person.

"H-Hannes?"

The Titan killed Hannes and ate him. It left a shocked Eren and Mikasa behind.

"No way..."

The small Titan almost caught Marie out of the sky because she got distracted but Marie quickly put her focus on the Titan and killed it. 

She suddenly heard a scream from Eren that seemed to have triggered something in the Titans since they all went towards that blonde, smiling Titan.

The Titans that were trying to kill Marie and the Commander also went away and everyone was confused.

"What are they trying to do? Are they feasting on that blonde Titan?"

Marie got back on her horse and so did Erwin.

"This is our chance... Everyone! Full retreat!" Erwin shouted.

What was left from the troops fully retreated but for some reason, Ymir didn't.  She ran back to Reiner and Bertholdt to help them fight the Titans. No one understood why she did that but after that, Reiner and Bertholdt never came back for them. 

Marie was exhausted... she didn't sleep for around three days. Most of them were exhausted and the Survey Corps had lost many of their troops. Most of them were from the Military due to being inexperienced outside the walls. Marie had to help the Commander with not passing out and she stayed close next to him and held the reins of his horse.