TWENTY SIX

2 weeks later

It was her birthday and it fell on a Friday, so she planned a small hangout at a nice new restaurant in Lekki with a few friends and coworkers.

But you see in this Lagos ehhn when you throw a party with free food just know that each invitee is coming with 3 other people. Her guests took over the whole place it became a full-scale party. Sofi got her a massive cake and offered to pay half of the bill for the night.

Osaze was busy today he had some stuff to do around town but he dropped by around 10pm-ish. They ate, drank, took some pictures. She noticed he was somewhat uncomfortable because it was starting to look like a girl's night out; there were only two guys there and one was Farrah's Fiancé.

She thought about how funny it is that they were acting like strangers here when in reality she woke up in his bed this morning. In addition, he was the first person to sing the happy birthday song to her.

As he stood up to leave, he went over to her side and whispered something in her ears; "Don't stay out too late. I'll be waiting for you"

When she got home that night, he was in the kitchen. Eating some of the cake, she brought in from work earlier.

He opened in arms wide "Come here birthday girl"

He hugged her tightly again for the second time that day wrapping her in in his strong arms. She rest her head on his chest. She was getting used to him.

"I got something for you" He handed her a paper bag

She looked in and found a box; on pulling it out, she saw that it looked like a timepiece box.

Her eyes widened. Did he get her a watch?

She opened the box carefully but quickly and she saw the red of the Tissot logo.

"You got me a watch? No!" He does not have money now.

"Don't worry I didn't sell my kidney, it's just $1k" He muttered.

She raised her eyebrows questioningly again. He should not be spending on her like that.

"You should save every money you make, you're going to need it for your startup" She scolded him.

"I know but...." He took her hand looked her in the eyes deeply. He wanted to say something but he shook it off and quickly changed the topic.

"Do you like it?" He smiled.

She nodded shyly. It was nice!

"Common try it on let me see now" He collected it and helped her wear it.

"I feel guilty accepting this, but it is so cool and stylish" She admitted shamelessly.

"If it makes you feel any better. My realtor has finally found a buyer for my Condo in Vancouver"

"You have a House in Canada?"

"Yeah but I still have some mortgage balance on it"

"So you were already a homeowner over there, and you had a great job, but u still moved back to THIS Naija" She looked at him in disbelief "Osaze you are one brave Man!"

"I don't regret it, I love it here" He said then kissed her passionately.

A week later, she came home early from work with severe menstrual cramps. She did not have any pain medication with her when it started so she suffered most of the excruciating pain in full before she was able to get her hands on Felvin.