EIGHT

Two weeks later.

Toyin was bored out of her mind. She wanted to get out and party, but Sofi was not available. Sofi was super busy with work these days. Her company got a new CEO and the man who is a UK IJGB has been a huge pain in the neck for her. 

Sofi spends all her time and energy on scheming or coming up with new ways of maneuvering the new Boss without getting fired. Small company problems, Toyin couldn't relate. Arcon Inc. is so big that she probably wouldn't notice if there was a change in top management. Maybe the guys in the US Head office would experience some direct changes but she couldn't say the same for the rest of them working in Europe, Middle east and Africa. She was worried about Sofi, she has never seen her friend so apprehensive about her job before.

She called Bisola and her cousin, Farrah they met up at Baylor's Lounge for grilled croaker and drinks.

By 9:30pm Farrah had to leave because she had a 'video call' date with her Fiancé. Bisola was looking tired already but Toyin was not. She wanted to stay out longer, the weather was nice and the night was still young but these dry girls were dulling her. As soon as Bisola went to the bathroom she grabbed her phone and chatted up Osaze.

TY: Hey

Sugarcane: Read...

TY: It's me

Sugarcane: Read...

TY: Toyin

Sugarcane: Miss me?

TY: No

Sugarcane: Bye

TY: lol

Sugarcane: How are you doing?

TY: Good

Sugarcane: what are you up to?

TY: Hanging with my friends

Sugarcane: Why are you texting me today tho? Are you bored?

TY: ......Yes

Sugarcane: Come to your shayomaster naw

TY: typing......

Sugarcane: Forest rooftop bar, Ikoyi.

TY: typing.....

Sugarcane: I promise, I won't take you to my house again or make you do shots.

TY: lol. That's odd.

Sugarcane: ...except that's what you want?

TY: mad man!

It was a nice little eccentric rooftop bar, off Awolowo road with many plants. The entrance was hidden and didn't have any branding. She almost felt overdressed for the bar with her sleek hair, white jeans and white satin top.

The bar was not crowded like the one she was coming from, there was a wide screen showing football. He looked very handsome today in the warmer lighting of this bar. He was wearing a grey T-shirt and blue jeans with Pams as usual.

There was a bottle of Hennessy on his table and he was smoking. He put it off when he saw her.

"Looking good" He scanned her with a smile on his face.