THREE

"How old are you" She asked as she handed his iPhone to him. Latest IPhone. Macbook. Expensive drinks. Dumpster bedroom.

He laughed while holding up his hands "I have baby face so don't panic" He fell back on the bed "I'm 33 by the way. What about you?"

29. But she didn't say. Incase he was lying about his.

They were interrupted by the call from the Uber driver who said he was close by.

"Do you want something to eat?" he asked after she hung up.

"No thank you" She couldn't eat in this room. She hadn't seen any cockroaches yet but she could tell the room will make a perfect roach haven. What could he possibly be eating in this house sef? Indomie? beans? She dissed him in her head.

The thought of food intensified her nausea because she suddenly clutched her stomach and her hand flew to her mouth as the remaining contents in her stomach started rising up her digestive tract. She dashed towards the bathroom immediately.

Ironically the bathroom was clean. It was old and had typical naija 90s fixtures and fittings, but it was very clean and it didn't stink.

While she threw up she vividly recalled the moment she threw up on him last night. It was outside the club as they waited for an Uber. He really held her hair up and her hand away as she sprayed the yama yama contents of her stomach on him. How did he not get turned off by that?

She splashed water on her face and she shook her head. She blamed her ex, Femi for this catastrophe and wondered how Sofi let her leave the club with this guy.

He was sitting up on the bed apprehensively facing the bathroom when she returned "I told you not to mix cocktails and-"

"How did YOU survive all the shots you did last night" she cut him off.

He shrugs "Mastery" then smirked.

Shit he is FINE! She was hung-over not blind.

"You don't have tissue in the toilet?" She asked with irritation.

"Sorry about that.. You can use my towel" he pointed to the towel which he tossed on the floor earlier.

"Ewww I have already caught enough craw-craw from those sheets." she said weakly

He cackled.

Her phone started ringing and she hoped it was her uber. It wasn't.

"Toyin! Where are you" Sofi screamed breathlessly like she was about to have a heart attack.

"I thought you went home, but Bisola just told me you left with that guy. My God! Are you Okay? I'm sorry I left you guys something came up at work" Sofi rambled away but her brain was trying to understand how it had no record of encountering Bisola last night.

"I'm fine, I'm actually home" She lied without even stammering. Her friends can never find out about this.

Sofi sighed "Thank God! I'll drop by from the salon"

He was looking at her judgment written all over his face.

"What? You expect me to tell them about this? This was a one off event Okay" She warned.

He just nodded like a good boy.

Her phone rang. It was the Uber driver. "Yes. Yes Okay I'm coming out"

"Farewell Mr. Man!" She grabbed her purse and rushed out like she was about to be chased by stray dogs in the streets of Ikorodu.

The room was on the first floor of the empty house, so she had to take the spiral stairs. It looked like there was another floor above. Her subconscious directed her navigation because she couldn't remember how she climbed those stairs last night. Maybe he carried me.

The furniture in the living room was old and worn and the air was mouldy, there was a massive chandelier with cobwebs. It was dark inside so she didn't really see more and her skin crawled at the possibility of him being an illegal squatter.

It was much brighter outside. The walkway had overgrown weed that occasionally ensnarled her stiletto heels so she walked with caution. Algae covered a significant portion of the interlocking tiles in the compound and vines crawled up on the fence. Goodness! So I slept in the creepy place. Chai shayo na bastard!

***

Immediately she left he found her wrist watch buried between the sheets so he ran after her, but was met with the tail lights of the Toyota Corolla driving off.

"Chairman good morning O!" The gate-man appeared from his dilapidated post.

"Musa, How you dey na" Osaze waved at the tall lanky man.

"Oga na your babe be that? She set o! Ah I just see person dey commot I come fear. Oga you like better thing O" he flashed his crooked smile.

Osaze knew where he was going next. Money. So he just tapped his pants and pulled out a dirty 200 Naira note for him and the gateman unleashed more praises on him.

As he walked back to his room he looked at the timepiece in his hand TAG Heuer Aquaracer.

"WTF what does she do for a living to afford this" He said to himself. He knew those brands cost at least 3000 dollars. Crazy he thought. Must be one of them Lagos 'small girl big god'. He immediately scolded himself internally for having such misogynistic stance about her just because she had expensive stuff. Also, she did mention a job last night so he had no reason to even think of her as runs girl.

As he stepped into his room faint traces of her perfume hit him and he smiled. She was great company and they did some crazy stuff last night. He really wanted to see her again but he got the message loud and clear. She didn't want anything to do with him again. Plus she probably has a boyfriend already or God forbid a HUSBAND. He hoped is was the former or none TBH.

He dived on his bed and closed his eyes. He needed more sleep. He only got up early to shower because she threw up on him last night. He had taken off the shirt outside and tossed it in a gutter while she laughed at him and rubbed his abs threatening to throw up on his trouser too.

He would have been offended if it were someone else but she was smoking hot and fun so he just endured the assault.

As he drifted off to sleep his mind flashed back to her beautiful face, the contrast between her deep brown honey skin and the light peach dress, the way tiny sweat beads formed around her skin as she moaned powerlessly for him. Shit! i want to fucking see that again

Toyin... she said her name is Toyin.

Please vote and comment, don't be shy!