Jack

I'm laying in bed thinking of nothing, thinking of everything...mostly Jack. I bring my hand up, the ugly bracelet, I haven't taken it off since he put in on me. I couldn't get him out of my head and I kept on replaying everything I did when he was here. I felt like an idiot, I don't know why I acted that way, but then again I don't know why I cared so much. Yes I will admit it, it gets pretty lonely but I am happy or at least I thought I was, I like being alone but it was nice to have someone to talk to someone that isn't a wolf I mean.

But I guess he took my advise, I haven't seen him . There hasn't been any disturbance in the forest, nothing as unusual like a man hanging from a tree I mean. So my life continued as normal, I took walks thru forest, read my books and practice my magic, I eventually forgot all about Jack. Well I didn't forget him completely but after a while I came to my senses, of course by now he has become aware of who I am and like any sane person realized how lucky he was to escape with his life. I was tempted many times to visit the village or take a peek thru the mirror but I didn't, what's the point? I decided to go back to my life and put it all behind me.

That is until one early morning, in the forest studying the new plant life that had recently began growing without my magic when I heard a man's scream, not just any man it was Jack.

I flew into the air and race towards his direction, I found Jack fighting off a giant tree, this is one of the more aggressive trees. He had an axe in his hand and was chopping away but the tree had strong vines and branches that extended out with full force. I flew down and landed in front of Jack I pushed him down and ordered the tree to stand down, the tree responded by trying to pierce my stomach with a branch. I blink and vanished, I appeared next to Jack grabbed him blinked again and moved him out of harm's way. I then blinked and reappeared in front of the tree and ordered him to stop, but it attack, I didn't want to hurt it but he was leaving me without a choice. I waved my hand and cast a spell the tree stopped moving. 

"Hey you alright?" Jack came from behind a tree to my side.

"I'm fine, what are you doing here? I told you not to come back!" He ignored my question and walked towards the tree.

"What happened to it, did you turn it back into a regular tree?"

"No, it's a paralyzing spell, it won't last we should go" We walked into the forest I didn't want to take him to the castle but I wasn't ready to take him to the village.

"Why did you come back?"

"I wanted to see you" he walked next to me with his axe over his shoulder.

"See me? I figured the village would have told you who I was."

"They, they did. But you know something I can't believe a thing they said."

"Then you're a fool" I stopped in my tracks and stared into his eyes, he was living in a fantasy he thinks I can be kind but having me in his life is like having a wild creature as a pet and thinking you have tamed it, the wild is still inside and nothing can change that.

"Listen I've met witches before, yeah people are scared of them but it's because they're misunderstood creatures."

"Creatures is right, we are creatures we are abnormal things and we are dangerous."

"Nah, I won't believe that, if anything I would say witches are beautiful creatures." He wasn't going to back down, and it stopped being cute I didn't have time for distraction I had to show him my true self. 

I put my hand over my face and removed the glamour spell I had on me, the young men's face and body disappeared. I was an old man with wrinkle skin, white hair and hazy blue eyes, I still stood up straight but my body was of an ancient man. Jack look to be about 30 years old, he may have been older than me when I had the glamour but now in my true age I could be his grandfather.

"This is me, the real me" Jack stared into my eyes, he open a small bag he was carrying and took out a yellow flower. He came close to me and put the flower behind my ear.

"Listen everyone has baggage I do too, I like you and one thing I've learn from being alone for so many years is that when you find someone you like you don't throw them away." I hated his  matter of fact way of talking, that he was so positive and that even after showing him my true face he was still loyal and true to his words. I grabbed him by his shirt and flew up into the air he held on tight to my wrist for the first time I could see he was scared.

"What's wrong are you scare of heights?"

"Well it is pretty high, nice view though"

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" His whole body shook I couldn't tell if he scared or just cold.

"You turn every situation into something positive, it's annoying"

"I can't help it, look at that view, beautiful"

"I hate you, go back home and stay there this is your last warning next time I'm going to let you die, I might even let Luna take a bite."

"Ha ha, that's funny, see I like that about you we are opposites so we fit together."

"No, no we don't, goodbye Jack" I took a deep breath and blew I release Jack and he went flying into the air, the wind would blow him all the way to the village I decided this would be the best way to deliver him home safely and also give him a good scare, traveling by wind feels horrible, this would surely keep him away. 

Jack could see the trees, but mostly all he saw was a blur as he tried finding a way to balance himself but in the air their is nothing to grab on to. 

He slid on the snow softly, leaving a trail, he took a breath looked up he was in the village again. He stood cleaned the snow from his clothes, he looked out into the deep forest, this time he had gone deeper but the woods are unpredictable. He headed back to his house.

This village was the closes to the "Witch King Forest" as the locals called it, it was the best way for him to get in since the ocean side is covered in glaciers.

He opened the door to his house, if it could be called that. Just a room, a place to sleep on the floor and chimney to heat it up. He took his coat off and lay down on the ground , hard and dusty. He only had a couple more days before they would get here, he has gone further then he thought the first time he was sure he was a goner but he made it to the castle, I guess they knew what they were doing when they send him. He looked at the corner of the room he still had a bag of that strange metal, he could make something else but he might suspect something. This witch was a strong as they said, so far he has seen no weakness, the forest still covered in snow and still as dangerous. And that power, he has never seen a witch do the things that he can do.

His defenses have gone down, he finally saw his true face he couldn't help but notice that he looked a lot like his uncle, blue eyes, white hair, chubby. But those eyes were different, witch eyes the first mark to identify a witch. He didn't seem to be a bad person in any other situation he could see himself liking him, funny to be friends with a king.

He had to try again, he needs to get closer and needs to earn his trust. He will have to jump a couple steps he can't let anyone down. He closed his eyes, all he could think about is those eyes.