Prologue Arc: The Call

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihonkoku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Prologue Arc: The Call

Tokyo (Japan), It was in the spring of 20XX that everything began.

A mysterious "Gate" appeared in the middle of Chuo Street located in the bustling Ginza. The reception to the strange phenomenon had brought curiosity to the many pedestrians as most believed that the structure was part of a publicity stunt or an anime convention that was assumed to be ongoing for the rest of the day.

At exactly One 'o clock in the afternoon, witnesses had reported a series of unusual noise coming out from the Gate., which one man described as something like the grunting of giant bears, bears, and lions. as moments passed, the sounds began to grow stronger and it attracted a lot of spectators that gathered around the Gate as many were beginning to think that this was some kind of stage show. Around ten minutes later: The Gate suddenly burst open and a huge dragon emerged and flew out. It carried a man or its rider, which appeared to be wearing some kind of Roman Legionary Armor, to which an entire army of foot soldiers, all in the same armor, charged out and began attacking the gatherers and nearby civilians.

Chaos had taken over the entire district.

Besides the dragons, and roman-like soldiers, orcs, ogres, and other mythical creatures never before seen emerged from the Gate.

The hostile army attack soon involved the rest of the district, and it was believed that the people close to the epicenter, where the Gate, when the mysterious army had appeared failed to escape and were either killed or kidnapped.

Hell on earth had become a reality.

The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department was delayed in their response as they had initially believed the emergency calls to be a prank, but soon acted once convinced otherwise.

Riot units and Special Assault Teams were deployed to protect civilians, but they were ineffective in dealing with the never-ending enemy hordes.

During that time, a hero appeared in the form of a civilian named Itami Youji, who also turned out to be a member of the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force, and managed to save over 800 civilians by bringing them to the Tokyo Imperial Palace, while fending off the relentless assaults by the Roman-like army, until reinforcements from the JSDF and the US Marines arrived.

The man's efforts were recognized, and he became known throughout the world as the "Hero of Ginza."

The failed attack on the Imperial Palace blunted the otherworlder's offensive, and the arrival of the joint coalition was the final turning point.

The massive light that came from the metallic beast struck the core of the fantasy army.

U.S and Japanese Apache gunships had arrived and swarmed the smoke-filled skies as they began tearing down the terrified army. Ogres and trolls were torn apart as they fell to crush their smaller comrades in turn. The once unpenetrable shields were no match for the HEDP rounds. Roman-like troops, who had attempted to retreat found themselves trapped as all the escape routes and streets were blocked by armored trucks and tanks.

The dragons didn't do any better as all of them were blown and sliced to bits by the helicopters.

Streets by streets, squares by squares, the fantasy world Romans were forced back towards their original location, where many of them surrendered once surrounded.

As the number of civilian casualties tallied in the thousands, the aftermath of the battle of Ginza shed a terrible light. The number of people who have gone missing has yet to be reported, but current estimates put the figure at less than a hundred.