Arc 2: Noble City XI: The Last Hour Part 4

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan, as they belong to their rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy, A Dragon

Noble City XI: The Last Hour Part 4

"As every minute went by the level of the situation had worsened. When all things are about to an end, there will always be an intense battle for the fate of one's everything."

-New World Journal

Even though the silence was prevalent for most of the part, the fear was still there.

It felt as if the whole environment were to shake at any given moment.

The thunderous roars echoed and were also heard in the chapel.

At this rate, the refugees and their families should be taking cover or finding their own spaces to hide. Yet this time, it was very different.

The people inside the chapel...They stayed and kept praying.

Mari found herself mesmerized by the scene as she couldn't do anything other than observe them at the moment.

"Please inform everyone to be prepared."

She received the orders alongside her fellow recon member.

The reports were true and unfortunately, they had to find another safe place to avoid another possible aftershock from ground zero.

She has to convince them of the dangers yet there is this strange feeling of calmness that envelopes the atmosphere.

"They don't really wanna go." Nishina had remarked, halting what he was doing.

The young woman glanced at him." What did they say?"

"What was their reason?"

The latter groaned. "Pretty much the same thing." He stated. "And they don't want to stop with their prayers." He continued, seemingly giving up for a time.

He tried his best to convince them and to an extent...just some of them.

However, even the smallest numbers just refused to do so and that left the two bewildered.

"They believed in this so much that they think those Emissaries or whatever call you them would appear to save the day," Nishina remarked again.

Mari didn't respond but she took a small nod and made a move.

There was a little girl who took notice of them as she gave her attention to the two recon members, particularly, the older woman.

She had no choice but to keep asking.

"Uhm...Little girl...If it's okay I may ask..." Mari said." How important are these Emissaries? Why do you think praying would summon them?"

Silence took over for a brief moment.

The little girl smiled.

"Because they are real.." She simply explained." Even though many consider them as a fairy tale, my great ancestors personally witnessed them and they are the ones that saved the land from the bad people."

"Do you think they will appear at this time of the hour?" Nishina asked.

The girl nodded, confidently." Yes! Prayer is the only thing that could summon them." She said, while glancing at the rest of the people in the church, before turning towards them.

"If we stop our prayers, then the Sun God won't hear our pleas."

The two remained silent as the rest of the people continued to voice out their thoughts.