Arc 1: First Contact : Coda Village Part 2

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihonkoku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 1: Lands of Rodenius:

Chapter 8: First Contact: Coda Village Part 2

It was the humid and cramped-up atmosphere that kept their awareness to a much high level the second they entered the small hall, where the meeting was to be held.

The long wooden table that stretched both sides all the way to the ends of the hall had greeted them. The wooden interiors and other simple but unique designs wowed the recon team members, who couldn't help but look around.

It was like stepping into a museum, or more appropriately, back in time, for a small two-story wooden town hall that resembled the ancestral buildings that belonged to one of Spain's colonies in the orient.

The scent of the place had a nostalgic vibe to it, but the furniture, vases, and other materials felt new or hadn't been abandoned by time.

It was a surreal moment as they explored the current area that they were in. Seeing the small meeting hall had amped up their minds as a reminder that they were here to explain themselves and their situation.

Yuji felt compelled to pull out his small camera along the way but instead chose to bring up his small notepad and pen for documentation. The Japanese-American man had found himself at one of the table's far ends, and he quickly placed his small bag just below and beside his seat.

Along with him were the recon team's two main leaders. Itami, Lieutenant Brian, and finally Daisuke, who volunteered in case they needed to decipher and translate vital information in the form of written documents.

Across from the table sat the Local Village Chief Eldar, a wise man in his early 60s with a long white beard known as Sage Cato, and a certain village official with a suspicious and serious expression.

The Leaders of the Recon Team were informed that the other two individuals had the major roles in terms of dealing with the day-to-day life of the village.

Furthermore, there was a pretty black-haired young lady in a simple village dress sitting on a wooden stool beside the entrance door. She had been observing the newcomers with a curious smile on her lips. Moment by moment her interest was growing.

She stood up when the village chief made eye contact and the girl gave a simple smile in return.

The rest of the recon team quickly took notice of the girl, and most of them were captivated by her mystery. She returned with a wooden tray containing cups of hot tea in the blink of an eye. The sweet scent and aroma of the tea had brought a sense of calm to the entire meeting hall.

Moreover, the presence of this young lady was just very different in a way that they couldn't comprehend. From a physical standpoint, she looked around between her mid to late teens but had retained that child-like persona.

"Tea, Gentlemen?" The young lady finally spoke, bringing forth her beautiful ruby eyes towards the guests. Her young voice having this mature and elegant sound that would calm any person from their worries.

It took a few seconds for them to return to their senses.

"Oh, Thank you very much Ms..." Itami trailed off, realizing that he had no knowledge of her name yet.

"Rory..." The young lady replied with a small smile." That is my name." She added, as she placed down the cup of tea in front of the Japanese Lieutenant, who secretly had a little blush on both of his cheeks, though managed to control himself.