Arc 2: Noble City VI: Malice at the Palace II

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy A Dragon

Noble City VI: Malice At the Palace II

In a blink of an eye, everything had drastically changed.

Once the plaza was engulfed by the blinding light, an explosion occurred there and then. Shortly thereafter, a powerful energy was felt, and a shockwave began to spread across the city, conquering structures and toppling important landmarks. Even the trees planted in many parks and streets were not spared, immediately getting obliterated into pieces.

The unlucky ones who were near the source were caught by the wave and instantly became victims as they were all blown away like ragdolls. crashing into walls, windows, and market stalls. Some were flown higher, and as a result, bodies were flying across the districts and landing in different areas.

The shockwave was strong that it reached communities outside the walls. Being able to feel the tremors and instilling confusion and fear.

Many wonder if the time has come for the so-called long-lasting peace to end.

Everybody had expected it but nobody even bothered on taking it seriously.

Countless oracles had given that prediction for centuries, though as time passed, the people became careless and believed that they can maintain it.

They were wrong.

So what now?

Will Fate just take over like that?

However, the current circumstance doesn't it is the end.

He had been waiting for a long time for this to happen and finally, the plan had been executed into its perfection.

The hooded figure stood in the middle of a hellish scene.

A thunderstorm had arrived as the dark clouds grew thicker and bigger.

Amongst, the many lifeless bodies laying on the floor, he was there gazing upwards at the reddish beast that had finally made its entrance. Observing it and determining if it was ready for what was to come.

The first control was over.

The red dragon in turn had come back to its senses as it began looking for the one which was taken from her.

It's somewhere here...

She could sense its life force.

Until she saw what appeared to be a familiar silhouette of her offspring, and gave her hope.

However, at that very moment, something suddenly pierced her chest from the back and a sharp crystal emerged, and immediately began to spread a powerful energy in the form of a dark violet essence that engulfed her.

A deafening roar was heard all over the area.

In the midst of that, the hooded figure deviously smiled as he then appeared on top of the beast, and gave the first command and pointed towards a certain direction.

"Destroy them all."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was that sudden feeling of dread that had struck his heart.

The main reason why the streak had been broken.

Hodor came back to his senses and saw himself back in the fields, and in front, was a huge archer's target that greeted him.