Arc 2: Noble City VIIS : A Worthy Sacrifice?

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy A Dragon

Noble City VIIS: A Worthy Sacrifice?

As she made her way through the uneven terrain, she found herself stumbling repeatedly. The cup she was carrying on her head threatened to tip over with every misstep. Despite her difficulties, she felt a sense of relief when she realized that the small drops of water that had spilled had landed on her hand and not on the ground. It was a small victory, but it gave her the encouragement she needed to keep moving forward.

She didn't really get the real purpose of this task other than to make it to the end of the line and finish the whole thing.

"Oh my... I think she's really going to do it!"

"Come on Rory! Just a little more!"

The girl wasn't really alone either.

While with her fellow trainee priestesses, Rory discovered newfound motivation in the grand hallways of the illustrious Temple of Emroy. The sight of her companions and the splendor of the temple surroundings ignited a flame of inspiration within her.

She continued walking and pushing towards the end, but slowly because she didn't want to squander her one and only chance. Furthermore, as time passed, she grew to enjoy it. She raised her eyes to the others and noticed her best friend, Belle, who was still cheering for her, and a smile crept across her lips.

The only thing she had to do was not to lose focus, The line that she was walking along was surrounded by a blue ethereal essence that stood up tall amongst the rest, and from the farthest from her direction, their mentor carefully observed the task.

"You're almost there.." Her mentor remarked.

This was a very rare occasion when everyone's support was poured on her like a bucket of cold water. If she can pass this simple test, she should be able to pass the next ones in line. The spirit of the world and Emroy would then take notice and deem her worthy of a blessing. That, in turn, would finally help her family and allow them to live comfortably.

Everything was going well until she looked up again, and saw him amongst the crowd.

Her body froze as she didn't know how to react when their eyes both met. She had not seen him for a long time, but was she indeed surprised that he was here and a part of them of the church as well?

This was the reason her focus was fading, and not long after, she lost control of her balance and fell to the ground.

The crowd of trainees halted their voices and some covered their mouths in shock., especially her blue-haired best friend.

From the other side, her mentor sighed but in a good way." Well, not the finest endings in recent times but congratulations Rory, you passed the test."

When the young girl became distracted, she began walking faster than usual, and by the time she reached the finish line, she had tripped and taken an unintentional dive. Of course, there were ramifications because the cup of water was poured on her clothing, but it did not fall to the floor.

Following that, quietness took over the whole place.

Rory was speechless, for a second, she thought that she was going to start from the bottom again, yet in some way, she had to take the clumsiest finishes that a priestess would endure.

Her fellow trainees didn't continue their cheers but some rushed towards the girl to assist her, with Belle, leading the way.

"Are you alright?" She asked." You did a great job!" The girl added, bringing out her support.