Arc 1: Her Survival

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihonkoku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 1: Lands of Rodenius:

Chapter 6: Her Survival

Koan Forest, Koan: Village of the Elves

It was often the dank and intense atmosphere that would always greet her every time she visited the certain big round structure located in the heart of her village. Only a few days after a squadron of dead Imperial troops was discovered just a few miles away from the village, the village elders called for another meeting.

Tuka Luna Marceau quickly found herself inside the wooden dome structure, finding her own seat and taking in her surroundings. The interior of the meeting place was designed in the style of a colosseum, with several wooden seats arranged in a circular pattern and, finally, a large space in the center where the main meeting between her father and the elders was taking place.

The place was currently packed with most of the Koan forest's Elven villagers, all eager to find out what the decision would be this time. This meeting was just one of many held over the course of several weeks and months. However, it appeared that more villagers were becoming concerned about the recent events happening.

"What do you mean we can't do anything!?"

"Hodor, how many times do we have to tell you that your claims are often bogus!"

"Do you have not faith?"

Tuka could feel the tension spreading across the small dome as her father and village elders had been arguing for about an hour.

Looking into her father's eyes, she could only see the rage that had been building up since the beginning of the meeting. She had not seen that side of him since her mother's passing.

It was very different than what the rest had perceived him to be all these years. Some just wondered if this were one of his sober-ish moments.

There were about six village elders that sat down on their fancy long tables as if they were about to sentence someone to his/her final fate. A kind of image that was a bit strange for a small village like Koan.

To look superior perhaps?

It was almost as if they were trying to imitate the lost glory of the Great Elven Cities of Legends.

Each of them had their own unreadable expressions as they attempted to listen to the man's explanation and pleas. Some of them were interested enough, and some were not really buying into his claims.

To their eyes, He was not the kind of person to trust that easily.

Hodor Marceau firmly stood in the middle as he faced them one more time. As the one in charge of maintaining peace and order in the village, he didn't hesitate to finally show that certain toughness within him as he was confident and hopeful that the elders would be convinced this time around.