Chapter 6: A Compelling Motive

You and Kaito walked to the dining hall arms linked and when you entered the door you saw the other Ultimates staring at you.
"Oh Y/N you look so much better!" Kaede happily exclaimed looking at you.
"Ugh  why are you linking arms with the degenerate male?!" Tenko scoffed giving Kaito the evil.
"Someone sure is getting cozy." Kokichi laughed.
"I told you they were on making out basis!" Miu yelled.
"Miu Im sure that's not it at all! They're just friends." Shuichi sighed.
"Shuichi is right we're just linking arms because of Kirumi's orders." You stated.
"Exactly Y/N is a friend!" Kaito shouted at the rest of them.

"Atua says otherwise!" Angie beamed.
"Mmmhmmm I'll believe that...never!" Kokichi laughed. "I mean just look at that tension!"
"There's no tension!" Kaito shouted.
  "Well believe it we're just friends." You sighed glaring at them. They looked at you as if you were telling a lie and you weren't a liar the liar was the Supreme Leader.  Kaito unlinked his arm and for a millisecond you were kind of disappointed. Then Kaede walked over to you and gave you a hug.

"Y/N I hope you can forgive me. I really didn't mean for you to get hurt. I should have been leas careless I'm sorry." Kaede apologized with a sincere look on her face.
"It's fine Kaede don't worry about it." You said.
"I wouldn't accept it but that's just me." Maki sighed.
"But poor Kaede you guys were soo mean to her. Poor girl. She tried her best to encourage everyone and you sore losers got mad at her anyway." Kokichi frowned.
"What's the point of bringing that up again?" K1-B0 asked.
"To start trouble Kokichi was the one who blamed Kaede first." You reminded crossing your arms.
"That's true!" Tenko agreed.
"Eh? N-now it's my fault? Why are you guys ganging up on me? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! You guys are terrible! So horrible! So mean! And Y/N is the worst one!" Kokichi bawled his eyes out.
"Hmph you're too noisy. Cut it out." Ryoma sighed putting his hand on his hat.
"But it's true. Everyone blamed Kaede without taking responsibility themselves." Kaito sighed.
"Hey coke on now. Everyone was just tired and Y/N got hurt. It's a new day let's just move on if Y/N can forgive Kaede then so can we." Rantaro said trying to stop a fight that was brewing and calm everyone down.
"Still!" Kaito yelled.

"It doesn't bother me. It's just...I should've been more considerate of everyone's feelings. I was too focused on the tunnel...So I'm sorry." Kaede apologized.
"Alright well...If you're okay with it then so am I." Kaito said not meeting her gaze.
"Phew cool beans! Now everything's settle!" Kokichi smiled.
"But you did blame her first didn't you?" K1-B0 asked.
"Well that was a lie. Y'know one of those lies to make us more united or whatever." Kokichi replied. "Did you know half my lies are actually told with good intentions?"
"That sounds like a lie." You scoffed.
"Y/N's right." Himiko agreed.
"Let's just forget about it and discuss something else." Kaede awkwardly laughed. "Like ways to get out of here."
"Besides playing the game right?" You clarified.
"Of course she means without actually playing the game who would actually play the game!?" Kaito barked.
"Desperate people. Crazy people. Murderers. The list could go on." You sarcastically replied.
"Before you do that I have an announcement!" Monokuma announced appearing out of thin air yet again.
"Ahhhhhhhh!" Kaede screamed.
"Hey don't just suddenly show up! It's too much stress for my heart!" Tsumugi yelled.
"Oh sorry I didn't mean to not surprise you." Monokuma said.
"So you did mean to surprise us." Himiko plainly said.
"So what's the announcement?" You asked.

"It's not terribly important but it's easier to stay alive by being an obvious goody two shoes right? Being thrust into a killing game doesn't mean you'll be able to kill someone easily. So I figured I'd ease you guys into the killing game by giving you motivation." Monokuma evilly grinned each time he talked it sounded as if he was dripping venom.
"Motivation to kill?" Maki asked.
"In short a motive! That oughta add some mystery to the proceedings! Even if a killer is exposed they could whip up a sob story to deceive everyone!" Monokuma said.
"Wh-what are you saying? Your logic is impossible to understand...!" K1-B0 yelled.
"Okay what's the motive?" You asked.
"Getting right to it Ultimate Chemist no dilly dallying. The special motive I've prepared is called the First Blood Perk! Wow! For the first murder that occurs no class trial will be held! Can you believe boy? That means the first one to kill someone will graduate no strings attached!" Monokuma announced.