Chapter 14: Investigating is Bloody Work

You looked around as everyone partnered up and began the investigation. You didn't want to investigate a body but you also didn't want to die so you had to suck it up.
"Where do you want to investigate first?" Kaito asked scratching his head.
"I think we have to look at Rantaro first." You frowned looking at Rantaro and all the blood.
"Stupid idiot getting himself killed." Kaito sighed in a frustrated voice. You both started moving to his body and you began inspecting the area.
"Why did he die here?" Kaito mumbled.
"There's no trace of his body being moved either. But look there's a bloody ball." You pointed out.
"The shot put ball? Do you think that's the murder weapon?" Kaito asked.
"Seeing where it aligns up it appears to be the only possible option." You replied.
"You would have to be pretty strong to use it as a weapon." Kaito commented.  "Hey Y/N if you don't want to investigate Rantaro I can do it."
  "I mean I think I can do it it's just..." You trailed off.
"Leave it to me!" Kaito grinned and took a deep breath in and started to examine him. "The Monokuma seems to be accurate. I don't see any other injuries besides the blunt trauma on the back of his head." Kaito said and then stuck his hand in his pockets.

"Wow you're being thorough." You said with a slight laugh.
"We have to be if we want to live and look Rantaro had his room key and Monopad on him." Kaito stated showing you.
"Not that I had any doubts but Rantaro isn't the mastermind if there is a hidden door he would have a card key. So I wonder what his real plan was? Why did he come here? If it was to end the killing game what was his plan? What did he know?" You questioned thinking about everything and you felt a few tears on your face.

"Asking questions like that won't do us any good right now. He should have talked to us about it first but look at us we tried to make a plan to end this game as well. The only difference is we have each other and because of that we're going to save everyone! We can't give up not until it's over!" Kaito proudly exclaimed putting his hand on your shoulder
   "And we're each other's alibis a testimony without evidence isn't much." You added.
"Y/N..." Kaito sighed putting his hand on his head. 
"What?" You asked.
"Never mind let's just continue investigating." Kaito sighed. 
You then walked over to Miu who was messing with something.
"What are you messing with?" You asked.
"A drone." She answered.
"Wait did I hear you correctly did you say a drone?" Kaito questioned.
"Do you need a hearing aid already?! Yes a drone!" Miu yelled and then pointed upward. "Hah! Feast your eyes on the latest creation from the gorgeous girl genius Miu Iruma its a drone!"

"When did you have time to make that?" Kaito asked confused.
"I got bored after I made those cameras for Kaeidiot and Pooichi so I modified this RC plane. I even decked it out with a camera so it'll take perfect aerial photographs! From there I'll use the photos as a reference to draft a floor plan to help the investigation! This way I get outta havin' to do any actual investigative legwork! Bwah hahahaha!" Miu cackled with a proud smile. You had to admit it was a cool plan and it would help with the investigation.
  "That's amazing Miu!" You complimented.
"Yeah Im sure it'll be useful!" Kaito smiled.
"The only problem is I'm not used to operating a drone and taking pictures with it!" Miu proudly exclaimed.
"You shouldn't be proud of that. If you don't start working the investigation will end soon." You reminded and crossed your arms.
"Just calm your ugly self and shut up!" Miu shouted.
"Ugly?! The inky ugly person in this conversation is you!" Kaito glared  at Miu defending you.
"I'm way better than you brainless!" You insulted.
"Heeee!! Ugly?! Brainless?!" Miu freaked out backing down immediately.
"You're a wimp." You sighed.  

    You and Kaito continued on investigating looking at the bookshelves and just looking around for any clues. Despite all the investigative work you still didn't have a clue who truly is the culprit.
"Do you think we're going to have to determine who the killer is by alibis?" Kaito asked.
"It's certainly plausible. It would eliminate a lot of people but we have an alibi and that's each other so we know we didn't kill Rantaro. It's just someone else did." You softly spoke  "But since we were the people with Rantaro before he was killed we should be a bit cautious some might think we're a suspect but we have strong alibis."
"We should ask around maybe we can find Gonta." You suggested.
"Yeah I think I heard Maki say he locked himself in a room alone but I'm not sure if I think he killed anyone." Kaito stated.
"I'm not saying that he did but we can't rule it out until we talk to him." You replied and Kaito nodded knowing you were right.
  The two of you went to the A/V room and Himiko was there.
"He has the face of a killer!" Himiko accused.
"N-No judge Gonta by his outside. On inside Gonta gentleman." Gonta frowned.
"Gonta we don't think you killed Rantaro but we have to make sure." You calmly spoke.
"Are you not the culprit or are you? Are not not the culprit or are you not not not the culprit?" Himiko asked and the way she was asking him left you confused.
"We can't move forward at all." Kaito sighed in annoyance.